cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’d like a refund and to close out my account - public mobile via Telus wrecked their sim with a fai

Will123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Failed port. I think it’s best to kill it at this point, we’ve spent 2 weeks on it and tonight Telus tried to assign a new number and failed. They gave up and said the only thing that i can do about it is post on this forum. Complete disaster. 

20 REPLIES 20

@Will123 

CSA are the only people who can refund you. so ask them for a refund or create another ticket for the refund. remove your credit card info or ask the customer support to remove it for you and enable lost/stolen mode on the account. this should avoid the glitch where PM still charges you 😂

Will123

I’ve done this but they aren’t answering me. I just want out of this mess tbh. I have zero confidence with this system. I don’t think these resellers are getting the right setup or equipment from the big providers to handle what they are trying to do. It’s ridiculous. 

@Will123  and if your sim card showing not connected to the network, or cannot make outgoing calls, please open ticket with PM support, they can reprovision your sim and that will resolve your issue:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Will123

Nice thought. I tried changing the number myself. I turned the phone off, rebooted. No dice. This sim is jacked, public isn’t really providing anything of use, they can’t fix it and no one knows.  They have no phobe number and no office. I’m going to have to dispute with Mastercard. There are no options it seems. 

@Will123 wrote:

It’s both a failed port and now they can’t give me any number unfortunately. 

@Will123   you can.   You can get your number yourself

First, can you login to My Account?  If so, go to Profile page, click on the Pencil besides the phone number and then follow the screen to pick a new number .  Once a number is chosen, your old porting request will be cancelled

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/update/phone-numberhttps://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/update/phone-number

Will123

It’s both a failed port and now they can’t give me any number unfortunately. 

Will123

Speak out uses an overseas call centre. I learned today that they deal with 19 different international cell providers and their agents are generally unfamiliar with speakout 7/11. They can help you insert your sim for example, but porting is beyond their capacity. 

@Will123   you said your sim card cannot even make calls?  it is a sim card provisioning issue, did you open ticket with PM support?. something they can easily fixed

Porting is another issue if you have porting involved

Will123

Thx. I’ll have to dispute with Mastercard. 

Oh man what a mess . Well hopefully support can resolve this for you . Best of luck 

Will123

Now Telus can’t assign a number to my public sim. Their tech department said they can’t figure it out so how someone on a message board is gonna fix this is beyond me 

Will123

and Rogers declines it 

Will123

He other provider is 7/11 and Telus cannot contact them. They are sending the request to Rogers

edited by computergeek541:  profanity removed

@Will123  Was going to tell you there’s a number for live support to help with port request . If you haven’t already tried them can send you private message 

Will123

I can’t port out a number because Telus handles this for public and they can’t assign a number to this sim 

Will123

Are u a bot? Lmao the service doesn’t work.  I sent the cs a DM but what else can I do but open a dispute with Mastercard now. 

@Will123  So the SIM card has no services at all . You tried to port number from another provider . Did you miss  the confirmation text to port and reply YES or not get it at all 

Will123

No it’s a new account that wasn’t able to be used. I want my money back. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Will123  pM is pre paid so no refunds , but if you want to to close your account . You can port out your number . Or turn of auto pay . Or ask support to Remove your credit card info right away 

message support directly

while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click    

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Handy1_0-1687907076878.png

Need Help? Let's chat.