cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I could not receive the CIBC verification code, such massage was blocked

Xlhe137
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Public mobile customer staff, I can not receive the verification code from my bank CIBC, and was told my such message service might blocked by public mobile, this is urgent, please check and resolve it, appreciated

13 REPLIES 13

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Xlhe137 , I am also a CIBC customer.  I have no issues with receiving text message login verification codes.  As suggested already seek moderator team assistance to check if there's issues with the account.  By chance are you able to receive text messages from all other sources?  Is CIBC the only problem?  As an alternative, you can set up telephone calls to relay the verification code.  I have used that from time to time and it works just the same as text message.

whyveeare
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Xlhe137 

You might have to re-register your number with your bank.  Some banks and companies require you to specify your provider when registering your number.  This was the case after I ported from Fido to PM.  I had to delete my number at Vancity then re-register, specifying Telus (PM was not listed) as my provider.  Only then did I start receiving texts again.

@Xlhe137 

If you are within 72 hours of activation most banking verification codes are blocked to prevent fraud and security concerns. If its not a short code verification text you should have the option to have the code sent to your voicemail.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Xlhe137 

My advice might be to log into your CIBC account and amend the method of sending notifications and verification codes if you believe they are advising you that they are undeliverable to your PM number.

Perhaps a trusted family member or other household member or landline...

nathfreder1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Your best bet might be using telephone banking for the time being until you can get PM sorted out

Xlhe137

This is first happened when I need verify with CIBC, awaiting for public mobile team to check, as CIBC said some providers such as Telus might block, so confused not know why

nathfreder1

Are you trying to receive a verification text?

Xlhe137

not a new number, same number but just recently switch from Fido

nathfreder1

Did you port your number or get a new one? If you updated your number they might be trying to send a text to the wrong one.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Xlhe137 Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. Click here to get started.

Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Xlhe137

And I was told by CIBC some companies such as Telus might block such kind of message, they said probably talk to Public mobile, as it is really troubled me a lot.

Before I was using Fido, no such issues, recently switched to Public mobile

Thanks

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Xlhe137 wrote:

Hi Public mobile customer staff, I can not receive the verification code from my bank CIBC, and was told my such message service might blocked by public mobile, this is urgent, please check and resolve it, appreciated

@Xlhe137  hello this is a public forum it is not Public mobile customer staff click on the chat bubble lower right corner to speak to a moderator or you can send them a private message with your issue  here.😊

nathfreder1

I have a couple accounts with CIBC and I haven’t had an issue receiving texts from them. Maybe try going to a local branch and talking to them?

Need Help? Let's chat.