Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot receive calls. Goes right to voicemail

cdc1LOGIC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

6 REPLIES 6

@Chappy wrote:

How long does it take? It has been 2 days now. 

It would stay like that until porting is complete.  Are you saying that it is the voicemail at the old carrier that you're reaching?  if that's the case, you'll need to continue using your old carrier's SIM card to receive your calls until this can all be sorted out.  If you are porting a number from a nother wireless carrier, 2 days is much too long and that means that something went wrong and you'd have to contact Public Mobile to take corrective action.

myapplemonkey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Both my parents and my phones, all PM users for at least 2 years and 4 years, have been experiencing this at least since this morning.  We have tried everything.  This is three phones with issues, but no issues for my sister on Telus.

@Chappy   So, you are new to PM and submitted Porting request to transfer in your old number?  If so, did you reply a text from your previous provider? They should have sent you a text asking for your approval and you need to reply YES within 90 mins

If you missed it, let us know , there is a number you can call to re-trigger this process

Chappy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How long does it take? It has been 2 days now. 

cdc1LOGIC,

I'm wondering if you're a new customer and if you requested a number to be ported in. One reason for calls going to voicemail would be if you're removed your old carrier's SIM card but the number porting isn't complete.  In that case, incoming calls would still be going to the service at your old carrier.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@cdc1LOGIC   

can you make outgoing calls without issue?  Just incoming calls having problem?

Did you try reboot your phone once?

if it still does not work, change your Network Setting to 3G ONLY or WCDMA ONLY and see if it helps

If still fails and if you have another phone around, try to put your PM SIM into the phone and see if it will receive incoming calls

Need Help? Let's chat.