cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't make calls to certain numbers like 1-800 numbers and some local numbers.

RanyaDube
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CS_Agent I upgraded my phone a month and a half ago and I'm at the point that I will change provider as there are no people to speak to and people are kind of essential to running a business. The robot has just made me lose 20 minutes of my time and I haven't been able to use my phone properly for this long. 

I've done it all. Restart. Airplane mode. Wipe the whole thing...

12 REPLIES 12

RanyaDube

It's green when I go to "Show my caller ID" but no one has suggested that one so far 🙂

RanyaDube

It wasn't this one! I tried 4 different numbers and none of them would ring, they would just go to the end call screen. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Do you possibly have hide your number set on?

HI @RanyaDube 

are you calling this CRA number? 1 (800) 959-8281 ?

RanyaDube

Thanks for this! I didn't realise this when I signed up with this network. I guess paying more to get service is an eye opener. Thanks for your help. 

RanyaDube

I've tried the sim in other phones, same thing happens and I've removed and added the 1 to numbers. Still doing this. It all worked fine before. 

RanyaDube

It's the government CRA number. I could do this before it just stopped. I've tested in other phones and the same thing happens. 

RanyaDube

Already did this. The same thing happens. 

selmak

@RanyaDube 
Can you test your sim in different phone?
Can you post the area codes exactly the way you dialed?
I'm not trying to imply that you can't dial, but if the stored number was changed in the contacts by accident, you may not even be able to see that it's missdialing as the number flashes for very short time before showing the name associated to it, This has happened to me before
Thanks

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @RanyaDube   Not all 1-800 can be called by Canadian. Depends on the number.  Can you share?

With the local number you tried to call, what number you called?

can you try your sim card in another phone? 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@RanyaDube 

Did you have voice issues before upgrading your new phone?

You might want to try to add prefix 1 or +1  in front of area code of the phone number.  There have been issues with voice recently with the roll out of VoLTE.  

Might also want to try the SIM card in another phone to see whether same issue. That will help determine whether phone/hardware issue versus PM service problem.  

Other things to try (if not done already):

Network reset of phone

Manually select 3G network. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@RanyaDube  No one to talk to here everything done online , but to co tact support here’s the link 

• while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Need Help? Let's chat.