cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I don't get emergency alerts

PtrSl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I went to visit my friend (he's with Bell) and after a while, he got an alert that his area was in danger because of the fires (this happened in NS). I didn't get any alerts (despite having the government alerts enabled and my phone had all the notifications activated). Could somebody help me to figure out how to fix this? I have an iPhone. I went to Settings -> Notifications -> Scrolled down and the gov notifications are enabled.

I tried to verify if Public Mobile sends emergency alerts through this link but the page is gone (404 error). 

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

@softech wrote:

@PtrSl 

are you connected to LTE or 4G? only when connected to LTE/4G you can receive the alert.  Check your preferred network type or network mode to confirm 

Good to know.

PtrSl

PtrSl

That worked! I connected to LTE. Thank you!

IMG_7820.PNG

@PtrSl 

that page is just info page provided by each provider, not an alert activation sitec

Check your network mode first as advised above

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@PtrSl wrote:

I went to visit my friend (he's with Bell) and after a while, he got an alert that his area was in danger because of the fires (this happened in NS). I didn't get any alerts (despite having the government alerts enabled and my phone had all the notifications activated). Could somebody help me to figure out how to fix this? I have an iPhone. I went to Settings -> Notifications -> Scrolled down and the gov notifications are enabled.

I tried to verify if Public Mobile sends emergency alerts through this link but the page is gone (404 error). 

Thanks in advance.

Are you in NS? If not you won't get NS emergency alert. I got it on my iPhone.

PtrSl

This is where I tried to verify if Public Mobile sends its customers Emergency Alerts: https://www.alertready.ca/wireless/ I clicked on PM but it sent the error

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@PtrSl 

are you connected to LTE or 4G? only when connected to LTE/4G you can receive the alert.  Check your preferred network type or network mode to confirm 

Need Help? Let's chat.