cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't make calls or receive them

Faith1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just set up my phone. I did not make a number transfer, had no number to transfer. Public provided a number. If someone calls it goes straight to voicemail and I can not make any calls. There is no service what so ever!. 

7 REPLIES 7

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

If you restarted or did network reset is it possible that the phone is locked to previous provider?

The previous provider has to give you unlock code free of charge, give them a call or walk into their store.

To test your service you could borrow a loaner phone from Telus or Koodo if none of your friend's or family have one

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Faith1 

If you have tried everything posted above and phone is still not working contact a moderator.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Faith1 wrote:

I can connect to the wifi, but that is all. When I set up the phone I was able to make 2 phone calls and excepted 1 call. Then after that it just stopped connecting.

So wifi...not cell data right? There's a difference. I know. Obvious. But some people confuse them.

Did you buy the phone used from somewhere?

Did you activate in a store or yourself?

If yourself, where did you get the SIM?

If you can log in to your account, after checking that it says Active, go into Change SIM and note the last 4 digits of the registered SIM #. Then check your actual card from your phone. If they're the same then good.

Faith1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can connect to the wifi, but that is all. When I set up the phone I was able to make 2 phone calls and excepted 1 call. Then after that it just stopped connecting.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RossN wrote:

@Faith1 wrote:

I just set up my phone. I did not make a number transfer, had no number to transfer. Public provided a number. If someone calls it goes straight to voicemail and I can not make any calls. There is no service what so ever!. 

@Faith1 hi it's possible your phone is locked to another provider

@Faith1 : Or not compatible. What is the make/model/submodel? Can you text in/out? Browse the internet on your mobile cell data?

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Faith1 wrote:

@Faith1 hi it's possible your phone is locked to another provider

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Faith1 Have you tried basic troubleshooting steps like rebooting your phone after removing the sim card or turning off/on Airplane Mode? What's the status of your account? 

Need Help? Let's chat.