cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't get texts from people with a certain provider

benmcinnes4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up for PM few days ago. Since then, I have noticed that I am unable to receive texts from people on my previous provider (Eastlink). I can get texts from people on every other provider. I can send texts fine, and I can send and receive calls fine. I've looked online and all I can find about this is that there's a thing called intercarrier interference. I called Eastlink and asked about it and the person said there was nothing they could do but to talk with my current provider (Public Mobile) about "reprovisioning" my service. 

Any help would be great....

I've messaged the moderators but haven't heard back yet.

7 REPLIES 7

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

Eastlink is right about the intercarrier thing. They won't help you since you are not a customer.  The problem is that the intercarrier people are neither company but separate.  The only way Eastlink will look at it is if one of their customer complains they can't contact you. For you, all you can do is contact moderator_team by private mesaage.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@benmcinnes4 wrote:

I signed up for PM few days ago. Since then, I have noticed that I am unable to receive texts from people on my previous provider (Eastlink). I can get texts from people on every other provider. I can send texts fine, and I can send and receive calls fine. I've looked online and all I can find about this is that there's a thing called intercarrier interference. I called Eastlink and asked about it and the person said there was nothing they could do but to talk with my current provider (Public Mobile) about "reprovisioning" my service. 

If Eastlink is a VOIP provider it takes time to fully port your number. Sounds like it's about %75 done. Be patient and it should resolve in the next day or so.

@benmcinnes4 wrote:

No it's not a failed port. 

@benmcinnes4  The mods will get back to you a soon as they can, they should be able to fix this up for you.

benmcinnes4

No it's not a failed port. 

benmcinnes4

I've restarted more than once.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@benmcinnes4 wrote:

@benmcinnes4  Be patient. They are really busy but working hard to respond to each inquiry. Support staff is small and different but that's why this service is such low cost. Rest assured you WILL be taken care of.

I can assume you have restarted your phone recently?

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Perhaps ti is a failed port or not finished @benmcinnes4 ...for that you will need help from the moderator here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Explain with details .Waiting time is few hours to 2 days..be patient...Smiley Frustrated

Need Help? Let's chat.