cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't get a text message.

benheo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I moved from Bell to Public on April 5. But I plugged in the public company USIM before I got the text. So I couldn't answer the text message. It's been five days, but I haven't been able to answer the phone. I'm also not getting a text message. Help me.😣😣

10 REPLIES 10

@benheo 

Does you Bell SIM still work? If it does that means that porting was not completed and your account with Bell is still ACTIVE because you didn't reply. You might have a chance to port your number over to PM.

If it doesn't work then your Bell account is CLOSED and you can't port your number over to PM.

You can only port over if your Bell account is still active.

In both cases, best to contact a CS_Agent by typing in Submit a Ticket on SIMon Chatbot at the bottom of this page or private message them on the envelope icon above. See how they can help you...either porting your number or pick a new number.

CS_Agent hours are 6:00am to 10:00pm EST so staff are off now but will get back to you in the morning so keep your eyes on the envelope icon.

benheo

Is it the best way for me to make a new number in PM? Because I got a text message before I left Bell and didn't reply yes?

@hycm53 wrote:

@HALIMACS wrote:

@benheo 

So you didn't complete porting from there to here?

Log into your self-serve, go to your Profile, click Change Number, do number port from Bell using the account number from Bell account.

Put your Bell SIM card back in your device, reply "YES" to the text, then replace with your Public Mobile SIM card afterwards.

Reboot your device and you should be good to go.

That's great that if someone didn't finish the porting now can online port it again!

That isn't correct. The customer has requested a port but didn't answwer the text message on time from Bell to allow the number porting.  In this type of case, the customer wouldn't be able to try again by going into Self Serve.  A Public Mobile customer support agent needs to fix this.

@benheo 

If you closed your account with Bell. You can't port your old number to PM.

If your old number was assigned by Bell, you will need to contact Bell and you will need to buy a Bell SIM and active with your old number then port over to PM.

If you old number wasn't assigned by Bell then you need to pick a new number. Unfortunately.

benheo

I've already left the Bell. I can't get a text message even if I wear a Bell USIM chip. What should I do?

@HALIMACS wrote:

@benheo 

Log into your self-serve, go to your Profile, click Change Number, do number port from Bell using the account number from Bell account.

Put your Bell SIM card back in your device, reply "YES" to the text, then replace with your Public Mobile SIM card afterwards.

That's great that if someone didn't finish the porting now can online port it again!

@benheo 

Give the Porting Department a call so they will complete the porting for you.

benheo

All right. I'll switch back to the old Bell USIM chip.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@benheo 

I will pm you the porting department for them to complete the porting process but you need to put the Bell SIM in your phone and once the CS_Agent restart the porting process you need to reply to the text with YES.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@benheo 

Need Help? Let's chat.