cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't cancel - Service for 3 months and never able to use it yet - sim card isn't compatible

FlyingFitz1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I lost the info to login and cancel the account, and no matter what I do - I get sent in circles to a question I can't answer, then can't continue.  Account setup is flyingfitz@gmail.com.

6 REPLIES 6

HI @FlyingFitz1 

you can at least ask them to disable Pre-Auth. payments

If they cannot do it, ask them to reset the 4 digits pin for you since you cannot login My Account to do it

Once you get the 4 digits pin, you can then disable Autopay by using *611 on your phone

FlyingFitz1

In process with private chat - not going anywhere yet, but at least speaking with someone.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@FlyingFitz1  - We are customers/members like you here in the community.

This is a public forum, please edit your post to remove any personal information. To edit it, hit the down arrow at top, right of your post.

You can try calling 611 from your public mobile sim card/device, or call # 1-855-478-2542  from another line to remove autopay.

After 90 days in nonpay/suspended status you lose your Public Mobile account, phone number, and access to self serve.

But, if you have never had services in 3 months glad you are here now! Maybe there is a simple fix?

What troubleshooting have you tried?

Try :

*turn off your phone, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*perform a reset network settings on your device

*try your SIM card into another compatible phone...this could rule out a device issue/setting.

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

If still issues, see @hTideGnow 's to contact a CSA.

@FlyingFitz1 

You need the help of a live CS_Agent through private messaging on the envelope icon above or type in Create a Ticket on SIMon Chatbot.

HI @FlyingFitz1   can you login to My Account?  PM is a prepaid service with no commitment.  The way to "cancel" it  is to stop further payment

Login to My Account and disable Pre-Authorized payment

If you are unable to login, open ticket with CS agent:

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. First type: "Forgot log in information"
  2. Then Click "Contact Us"
  3. Finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
    you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

Once ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

FlyingFitz1

I need a human to verify me and cancel the account.

Need Help? Let's chat.