cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can call and send text messages, but not receive it back

MK2312
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am having a problem with my service. I can call and text other phone numbers and they will receive it. However, when someone calls my number, it says my number is out of service. I also cannot receive text messages. I messaged support and they said their technical team will reach out to me, but is there anything else I can try in the meantime?

6 REPLIES 6

MK2312
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/send-us

you need to create a support ticket and then wait for public mobile to contact you back. They respond pretty quickly. Ask them to reset your network. Thats how mine was fixed.

heatherehtaeh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

also my email is heatherehtaeh@hotmail.com 

i tried the 611 but there isn't anything there...and i don't have a 4 didgit pin. how do i get that?

heatherehtaeh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i can call out but cant receive calls or texts. how do i get ahold of support. also i've tried everything above. says my phone isn't in service and i only got this 3 days ago. please help

@MK2312 wrote:

I am having a problem with my service. I can call and text other phone numbers and they will receive it. However, when someone calls my number, it says my number is out of service. I also cannot receive text messages. I messaged support and they said their technical team will reach out to me, but is there anything else I can try in the meantime?

I suspect that there isn't anything to try until you've been contacted by Public Mobile/Telus.  I've encountered this before while trying to call other Public Mobile customers.  Support usually does some resets or provisioning updates.

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

Hey @MK2312 

I've had that too with one of my lines. I reset my Network settings and reboot my phone. That was 2 weeks ago and nobody has told me they got that "Number is out of service" message. 

Also, if you have an iphone, you may look into the blocking unknown numbers and turning that off. I know it defeats the purpose but there are other ways to block people.

Unless someone is using a third party app that plays a false number not a in service error message, phone network settings or blocked numbers wouldn't cause a nubmer to go out of service.  That's a network level error that isn't something that a customer could cause cause, short of accidently forwarding to an invalid phone number.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @MK2312 

I've had that too with one of my lines. I reset my Network settings and reboot my phone. That was 2 weeks ago and nobody has told me they got that "Number is out of service" message. 

Also, if you have an iphone, you may look into the blocking unknown numbers and turning that off. I know it defeats the purpose but there are other ways to block people.

Need Help? Let's chat.