cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bought an unnecessary add on

sallyhillhill
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I bought an add on I can't use. Some Long distance US minutes. I wasn't aware my plan includes US calling. I couldn't use these minutes unless I downgraded. Could I get a refund please?

7 REPLIES 7

J-L
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous  I'm sure your explanation for how to try to get the long distance feature working is very thorough and I'm sure it is appreciated and will be helpful to others who may have a technical problem with the service, but in this case the OP would be paying for the service twice if they followed your instructions. They are not experiencing a technical difficulty they accidentally purchased an extra feature that they do not need, it is already included in their plan. The OP needs to submit a ticket and explain to the moderators their situation and ask nicely for a credit to their account. Refunds are rarely given but a credit to their account could be applied to their next month's bill. 

@Anonymous the op said they have the US calling plan so they don't need the long distance add-on.  It isn't that there is a technical issue prohibiting them from using it, it is that they already have this calling feature available to them with their plan

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : Without changing the plan, as the OP correctly surmised, they'll never touch those minutes. But yes, hopefully the mods will be nice and remove/credit them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 

my dear , friend 

he say this  bought an add on I can't use. right but maybe if he can used and can try it what i send to them why asking for refund or credit, just to you know for public mobile the don't asking him to add he do add and if he not use it or he don't know how to use it is not public mobile the allowed any one to getting for refund or credit, but 

if he do by accident add and the don't know about what the doing then maybe public mobile can help for it
i hope you understand

Good Luck my dear

@Anonymous wrote:

# 1. To get the obvious out of the way...you used 011 or +1 in front of the country code? Sometimes there are some extra leading zero's in country codes and "foreign" area codes. Maybe try not using leading zeros.

do one thing take your SIM card out and waiting for a minute and put it back and do rebooting your phone - This one is quick and simple. Make sure your phone is off before removing and reinserting its SIM card.

Remove your phone’s battery - Some phones have removable batteries. Sometimes removing and reinserting the battery can fix certain issues. Just make sure your phone is off before you do this.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

if you need to Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator_Team by Click here.            You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• In your message put it, please include.
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account PIN,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service 

Good Luck

@Anonymous 

Your response does not address any part of @sallyhillhill 's question and concerns. While I can understand the part about contacting the moderators to ask if they migjht provide a refund or credit, the rest of your mesaage is unrelated to the topic at hand.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sallyhillhill : So you have either the $50 or the old $60 plan? You'll need to contact the moderators to have them remove it and credit you back to your Available Funds.

Edit: The last part of the previous post is helpful for you.

Edit again: there are generally no refunds here but mistakes and oversights happen. Ask nicely.

Anonymous
Not applicable

# 1. To get the obvious out of the way...you used 011 or +1 in front of the country code? Sometimes there are some extra leading zero's in country codes and "foreign" area codes. Maybe try not using leading zeros.

do one thing take your SIM card out and waiting for a minute and put it back and do rebooting your phone - This one is quick and simple. Make sure your phone is off before removing and reinserting its SIM card.

Remove your phone’s battery - Some phones have removable batteries. Sometimes removing and reinserting the battery can fix certain issues. Just make sure your phone is off before you do this.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

if you need to Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator_Team by Click here.            You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• In your message put it, please include.
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account PIN,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service 

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.