cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am no longer receiving text messages from Telus Home Security.

jimdh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Public mobile service has been giving me more and more issues. First I was unable to hear calls from friends that have new phones. I can't receive or send MMS messages. I get network errors. Now, I am not receiving notifications from Telus Home Security. Someone could break into my house and I would not be notified about it.

7 REPLIES 7

jimdh

I switched the SIM card to a smartphone and it did not resolve the issues. I am still not receiving the SMS messages from Telus security.

jimdh

@bh83 Have you had issues with someone hacking into your system? This is just an ongoing issue I have had with Telus/Public. I am guess someone has hacked into my Alarm.com Smartlock. I had a real lock installed on my door this Summer when I realized the smartlock makes it really easy for cybercriminals to access my apartment. I am still getting notifications in my email, but as of this morning no longer to my phone. I received a call from someone I assume was the hacker early this morning. The police told me to not take calls from unknown numbers, but the calls always coincide with hacks to my system. Sometimes it takes me awhile to figure out what exactly they did. 

Hi @jimdh did you try you sim card on another phone, preferably an iPhone or Samsung, to confirm if you receive Telus text? This can confirm if it is  a device problem

bh83

Hi @jimdh  Its not the public mobile I’m having the same problem even with different carriers. I just switch back to Public mobile yesterday I am planning on contacting Telus regarding this issue. I advise you to do the same you can Me I’m here when you find the answer, but it has nothing to do with public mobile

jimdh

I have a GoFlip 3. MMS is not that important, but it's one of a list of problems I am having with Public mobile. I just need talk and text. No data. Price is right, but service doesn't work. I switch my SIM card to a smartphone and still am not receiving messages about my security notifications.

jimdh

I have contacted Telus Home Security and they have not been able to offer me a solution. Somebody phoned yesterday to offer me a phone plan which I declined. I will not stay with any Telus service if these issues can't be resolved. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jimdh 

what phone do you have ?

your MMS issue could be because of this:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Picture-and-Group-Messaging-End-Date-Fe...

if you are using a device that released after 2017, generally, you can simply click Reset All networks or Reset network settings to get the latest APN

Also, you can make a manual update, here are the old and new settings

Old settings:

APN: sp.mb.com
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
APN Type: default,supl,mms
                             or        default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

New Settings:

APN: sp.mb.com