cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I AM FRUSTRATED...FALSE PROMISES

rushipn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Shazia_K

I don't get it. You said my port request has been submitted and is in queue since last Thursday, Nov. 24.

You said it would be done in 72 hours....not yet done. I signed up on Nov. 19th.

However I see on other posts that you've been responding to saying that the port request will be done in 30 mins to 2 hours.

I AM AT THE BOILING POINT NOW AND CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER. I AM FRUSTRATED WITH PM.

My original number from Telus doesn't work so I am missing many important calls.

And Telus can't figure out why my line isnt working.

36 REPLIES 36

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
😢 I'd be sorry to see you go, I hope you give them a few more days to try and make it right. Have you tried facebook or twitter support?

emilyge0rgia
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Honestly it doesn't matter to me at this point because I've lost 20 bucks and I'll be going to another company since there's no way to speed this up. I feel like since I'm waiting longer than my plan duration for help, why would I spend another 20 to have this happen again and have no service for another 2 weeks? Unless it's dealt with before the plan expires I kinda have no choice. I need cell phone service for Monday and at this point I won't have it with PM so I need to get it somewhere else.. there isn't any way to fix it before 12 days

Rockdaddy22
I know, I totally understand. I'm hoping things get back to normal real soon.

emilyge0rgia
That's okay I'm just one of the hundreds waiting in the 2 week line to activate a plan that will be expired by the time the mods get to it. I'm disappointed seeing people with serious issues being overlooked for rewards posts, especially customers that have been with PM for a while

Rockdaddy22
I'm so sorry I thought you were having porting issues, I apologize:(

emilyge0rgia
I didn't switch providers. I've been with PM for a year and had no issues since February. Pardon me if i expected another problem free transaction after months and months of problem free transactions.

Rockdaddy22
Why do so many people switch cell providers in the middle of a job hunt?

emilyge0rgia
I'm also missing a ton of important calls for jobs that I've interviewed for because I decided to pay with my visa debit instead of a voucher worth more than my plan. Plan is only 10 days long and the wait is 12 so that's 23 bucks down the drain when I'm already about to lose my home if I don't get one of these jobs.

Rockdaddy22
I'm sorry you've encountered such serious issue 😞

rushipn

Was told by Shazia. And also by Telus when I called them multiple times.

Rockdaddy22
Who said that? Must be a serious tech issue if that's what you were told.

rushipn

It may take up to 4 weeks to resolve my port issue. 

Really frustrated. 

Rockdaddy22
Fair enough but that's not what you told me earlier. You guys love making the situation seem worse than it is. Even though it's bad enough without false information.

xinit0

@Rockdaddy22 Some people were getting responses on twitter, but they weren't hitting very consistently. Still nothing for me there. 

Rockdaddy22
Ps @xinit0 I was told by a customer that people were getting responses in hours on twitter

@magical wrote:

ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS WAIT

THEY WILL ANSWER IT WHEN PIGS CAN FLY

@magical what is the past tense of "pigs fly"?

Swine Flu

Cat LOL

xinit0

Not long after, I was able to dial the number from another phone and get voicemail. 

Thanks to @Shazia_K, but I still have my concerns that the pipe for support is shockingly narrow.

xinit0

@Shazia_K Thanks for the update - still getting the "number is not available" when calling the line, but will try in an hour.

Rockdaddy22
Only account number is the way to go, in my book anyway 🙂

rushipn

@vroomr - I ported 3 other number from the same Telus account using only the account number. So I dont think there was a lack of information required for porting.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @rushipn

I'm really sorry about the time it's taking to resolve the porting issue 😞 I know it's long but case by case it's different, I am looking into this and will get back to you shortly. 

@xinit0

I'm sorry for the trouble you have been having, a ticket has been logged ref #:7301785 please periodically try rebooting your phone in about an hour from now and everything should be resolved. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
Also check your private messages periodically. You don't get a notification when you receive one, unless you set it up that way.

vroomr

Hey @rushipn,

Did you ever check your deleted email?

I got emails from support@publicmobile.ca, but they did not pass the fraud detection filter in outlook/hotmail.

Take a look. Maybe your port request got cancelled because you didnt respond to their support emails Smiley LOL

xinit0

Hahahaha... email support.

Date: Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 3:12 PM
Subject: Your support request

"We've listed the details of your request below and you can expect a response within 48 hours."

rushipn

According to @Shazia_K, my initial port request was cancelled, for reasons PM doesnt even know.

Shazia then placed another request last thursday and said it would be done in 24-72 hours. But that didnt happen.

Rockdaddy22
You know they have email support, right?

Rockdaddy22
I said lots of staff answering emails. I also said other mods working facebook and twitter like @Caroline_D @xinit0

@rushipn if Telus account completely active (not just incoming only or something?) your port request did not go through. 

You will need to resubmit.

vroomr

CHECK CHECK CHECK your deleted emails. DELETED, and spam/junk separately.

All my PM mail went straight to deleted.

Hope this helps.

rushipn

So my Telus account is still completely active, I had my billing cycle a couple a days ago. And I was charged for another month by Telus.

I was also on the phone with them 2 days ago and they said the service was active.

The support rep suggested that I get a new Telus sim card and check to see if that helps bring back the number. I think I will do that and make Telus pay for the new sim card because it isn't my fault the service stopped working.

Need Help? Let's chat.