cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I AM FRUSTRATED...FALSE PROMISES

rushipn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Shazia_K

I don't get it. You said my port request has been submitted and is in queue since last Thursday, Nov. 24.

You said it would be done in 72 hours....not yet done. I signed up on Nov. 19th.

However I see on other posts that you've been responding to saying that the port request will be done in 30 mins to 2 hours.

I AM AT THE BOILING POINT NOW AND CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER. I AM FRUSTRATED WITH PM.

My original number from Telus doesn't work so I am missing many important calls.

And Telus can't figure out why my line isnt working.

36 REPLIES 36

xinit0

@Rockdaddy22 - Lots of staff on Facebook and Twitter? I beg to differ. Facebook hasn't posted since Nov 14th, and doesn't respond to messages. Twitter hasn't responded to me at all in the past two days, and hasn't followed me so I can't DM them the info they request. 

I'm begining to think @Mary_M and @Shazia_K are the only working staff at Public Mobile.

Ok that's good then so port HAS completed. Public just has number internally and not active on your SIM.

I was just worried more for number getting lost or reassigned.

In that case, from time mods started working on my scenario it took about 5 days to complete. Just private message them and make sure you mention no service.

xinit0

"If Telus said port complete then all Public needs to do is activate it."

If the OP's situation is like mine, Telus let go of the (mobile) line... I got their email on the morning of the 26th, as an example, saying Telus would stop servicing the number as of that morning due to the port request.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
There's also lots of staff answering emails and other mods working facebook and twitter.

Sometimes there are issues with ports that require more time unfortunately.

xinit0

Exact same situation here... 72 hours came and went. It seems like there's only one person working through these requests, and if that's the case, I'm guessing we have another week or more of outage judging by the other posts around here with 14+ days of outage. 

Telus "can't figure it out" because the port was started and not completed. Didn't Telus send you an email about you leaving? 

Half a month of lost service, lost job interviews... It sucks, but there's not a lot we can do. Hopefully the talk of adjusting start dates will prove correct, at least. 

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@rushipn to be clear wireless ports are quicker. If you try porting a landline or a voip it takes much longer.

The only thing that worries me is your last line... the number MUST be working on Telus if Public is to port. If (as you said) number does NOT work on Telus then Public could never port the number. Call Telus first and MAKE SURE number is working. 

If Telus said port complete then all Public needs to do is activate it.

Need Help? Let's chat.