cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer my old number when I have no alternative number to use

FYurDumbSystem
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m trying to transfer my old number from Koodo (not prepaid) so I can keep using it before closing my Koodo account. Unfortunately, public mobile won’t let me unless I have an alternative number for them to call me. I don’t have one. How do I get around this?

4 REPLIES 4

@FYurDumbSystem there is actually no temperory number when you sign up and request porting 

After you signed up and requested porting, your PM sim card can be used to make outgoing calls with that number you want to port in from Koodo, but incoming won't work yet.  Your Koodo sim will still be fully functional (incoming and outgoing) . 

Of course, after you got the porting authorization text from Koodo on your Koodo sim card and you replied YES, the port will be completed shortly. Once port is done, your  Koodo sim will stops work (Koodo account will also be closed then).  And you just need to reboot your phone with the PM sim card , then your PM sim will be able to make outgoing calls and also receive incoming 

FYurDumbSystem
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Will they send it to the Koodo number or the temporary number I selected when signing up for public mobile? I need to know which SIM card to have in my phone (I don’t have any spares).

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@FYurDumbSystem the alternate number is just for record keeping only, have nothing to do with the port. you can just put a friend number or anything

Just make sure your Koodo account is still active. After you submitted the port, you will get a text from Koodo asking for your approval to the port.  Reply YES within 90 mins and the port would complete within 4 hours after

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Screenshot_20240114_204338_Samsung Internet.jpg

 follow these steps, Koodo will text you to confirm the port within 90 minutes you have respond. They will not call you.

Do not close your Koodo account. It will be closed automatically once the transfer is completed. 

Need Help? Let's chat.