cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to port number and keep SIM active?

sahands
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If I port my number from PM to another provider, how can I still keep my PM SIM card active (with any random number)?

20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

What everyone said. 

How many will I be rewarded with?

Comedy gold. You'll be here all week right?

You know that I've been around. Truth be told, the actual amount of activity is very much decreased in Community of late. If there's nothing to add to a thread, I generally try not to post for no reason. My post was meant as a slight nudge about repetition.

I knew immediately that it was a nudge. I know you're around. That was a reference to a stereotypical line a comedian might make saying that he'll be here all week performing...comedy.

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

What everyone said. 

You know that I've been around. Truth be told, the actual amount of activity is very much decreased in Community of late. If there's nothing to add to a thread, I generally try not to post for no reason. My post was meant as a slight nudge about repetition.

@Anonymous, am tempted to bravo you but, it's against my principles.....brahhhaaa

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

What everyone said. 

What everyone said. 

Mountainmaxman

No, you will have to buy another PM sim card and activate that with a new 'random' number

@sahands, before you throw away the Public Mobile Sim card, make sure you remove all the information on the card!

The card holds your personal information and you should completely destroy the card to prevent theft.

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Pawprints1986reuse it.You can put a hole through it and make a SIM card necklace.

Pawprints1986

@sahands that really is a waste ! I kept my old koodo Sim figuring if I need a device at some point I'll have to move back over. It is a waste though, if you can still read the number on it fully and the card itself isn't damaged in any way it seems a shame to just throw it away... I'm not a fan of wasting anything though. Reactivating an old Sim would be the perfect way to recycle, sucks you can't 😕

sahands

well confirmed it with a mod, the old SIM card becomes garbage afterwards and can never be reused! such a waste 😤

mdwallace97
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The company closes the account after number is ported! So this can’t be done 

BearFBI

@Luddite wrote:

@BearFBI wrote:

@sahands No you cant. You will have to buy a new SIM. There only 10$. I would suggest contacting a moderator after you port out and close the account if you can use the same email again. You can buy it from this website. There half price https://canadiancellsupplies.com/

👎👎 This seems a total waste of moderator time simply to avoid using/getting a different email address. 

@Luddite True. but ive seen other peoples accounts on the forum get canaled after 90 days of inactivity and they got a new SIM and number and contacted the Mods for them to apply their old email. But it would be much easier to just use another one. I wouldn't say its better because having 1 email for everything is easier than 2.

@BearFBI wrote:

@sahands No you cant. You will have to buy a new SIM. There only 10$. I would suggest contacting a moderator after you port out and close the account if you can use the same email again. You can buy it from this website. There half price https://canadiancellsupplies.com/

👎👎 This seems a total waste of moderator time simply to avoid using/getting a different email address. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

BearFBI

@sahands wrote:

@shaker Are you sure I'll still be able to reactivate my old SIM with a new #? I know that with other providers like Rogers the old SIM can never be reactivated again.

@sahands   No you will not be able to reuse your old PM SIM once you've ported out.  You would need a new SIM and a different email to the one you've used.

sahands

@shaker Are you sure I'll still be able to reactivate my old SIM with a new #? I know that with other providers like Rogers the old SIM can never be reactivated again.

shaker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

After porting your existing number your current PM account will get closed.

Then, you can open a new PM account & activate your PM SIM card with a new number.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sahands 

Port out you number to another provider  means you are closing your account with your current provider.

This is the definition for all mobile providers in Canada.  PM is no exception.

Since PM is a prepaid provider, therefore, any fund left in your account will be gone too because there is no refund of the money left in your account.  This is also a standard practice for prepaid account in Canada.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@sahands wrote:

If I port my number from PM to another provider, how can I still keep my PM SIM card active (with any random number)?

@sahands  Unfortunately you can't.☹️

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@sahands Hello once you port your number from p.m. your account closes sorry you can’t keep it open

Need Help? Let's chat.