cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pay with debit card (not visa debit)

HanLe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have just changed  my bank, and I got the debit card from RBC bank, but there is no CVV on the debit card. however, when I made a payment it required the CVV that not exit on my debit card. How can I solve with this problem?

Many thx

14 REPLIES 14

HanLe

thanks, 

I am thinking about that option

@HanLe 

AS mentioned before, from past customer experience, payments for Public mobile (prepaid) bills are not considered pre-authorized payments for banks/credit cards.  Public mobile accept VISA debit, not regular debit cards for payment.  

If this promotion is important to you, you may want to switch to a post paid mobile company like Fido, Koodo, etc.  

HanLe

as a student I have not too much bills to pay. That is why the payments from mobile bills are only options for me 😞

Meanwhile, my friend who used FIDO carrier can make payment via his debit (he also made the new acc at RBC).

I checked with the bank already and they confirmed that there was no CVV on the RBC debit card.

@HanLe wrote:

The problem that I used 2 numbers from Public Mobile (ending No 6868 and 3337). So I can not set auto pay or make payment (not auto pay) from the debit card. 😞

@HanLe That is weird, I think any online autopay system require CVV.  If there is none, how can RBC set a criteria to setup 2 Auto payment on the debit card to get the iPad?  You might want to go back and check with RBC.  Their staff should know what customers usually do (where they put their debit card)  to complete the requirement  

HanLe

and as a student I have not too much bills to pay. That is why the payments from mobile bills are only options for me 😞

Meanwhile, my friend who used FIDO carrier can make payment via his debit (same me)

HanLe

Thx for your suggestion.

I emailed to ask the bank, and they said that there was no CVV on the debit card (as their reply: In Canada, most of debit cards don’t have the CCV code, which is credit function. But some of banks offer that, such as BMO, and Scotia Bank).

The problem that I used 2 numbers from Public Mobile (ending No 6868 and 3337). So I can not set auto pay or make payment (not auto pay) from the debit card. 😞

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@HanLe PM accepts TD debit only. 

2AA36C6D-7A14-4C56-96CE-ABE7F9D57094.jpeg

@HanLe wrote:

Can you see the requirements from RBC bank here. and the card IO recieved is debit card only (not visa debit)

https://www.rbcroyalbank.com/dms/pba/open-an-account/offer-n-or.html

@HanLe again, PM autopay does not counted by the bank as a pre-authorized payment, so, you might want to put the "Autopay" elsewhere to get your iPad

If you really want to put this card on the system, check if you see a Visa logo anywhere on the card.  And best to go to  RBC branch and ask in person where the CVV on the back of the card.

HanLe

Can you see the requirements from RBC bank here. and the card IO recieved is debit card only (not visa debit)

https://www.rbcroyalbank.com/dms/pba/open-an-account/offer-n-or.html

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@HanLe Try as @softech suggested see if that works 😳

@HanLe  FYI,  PM setup is a bit different, its Autopay DOES NOT consider as a pre-authorized payment by all banks. (either it is because PM is using 30 days cycle and not monthly or PM pull the money from bank rather than a Push from the bank).    So, it will be counted as 2 "non auto pays" to RBC.  

HanLe

the problem is that I will get the iPad from RBC if I make payments via the debit 🙂

(RBC requires 2 auto pays and 2 not auto pay via the debit card only 🙂 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@HanLe   RBC client card should be a visa debit.

It  can be found on the signature strip on the back of your debit card. It is a 3 digit number. It will either be the only 3 digits on the signature strip, or will be the last 3 digits on the right if there are more digits on the strip.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@HanLe Hi I Believe only visa debit will work on the system You can use a credit card or a voucher

Need Help? Let's chat.