Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get more than 8gb?

rooster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hello dear PM community,

Thanks for having me.

I was looking at the Quebec plans, and the biggest one is 8gb for 50$.

Now, I do use a lot of data, more than 8gb.

What is the overage rate on that plan?

Or is my only option to purchase 1gb 30$ addons?

thanks

9 REPLIES 9

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@rooster wrote:

hello dear PM community,

Thanks for having me.

I was looking at the Quebec plans, and the biggest one is 8gb for 50$.

Now, I do use a lot of data, more than 8gb.

What is the overage rate on that plan?

Or is my only option to purchase 1gb 30$ addons?

@rooster  Setup AutoPay and you will get another 500MB per 30 days. Take advantage of the current free 1GB data add-on and the 400 minute Long Distance add-ons . More info can be found here.

With Public there aren't any overage charges so data will just stop working. Your oprions are:

1. Renew you plan early
  2. Change to another plan
  3. Purchase the 1GB data add-on for $30.00

thanks

@LovesToPM wrote:

@rooster 

There is another way around it. When your data is about to run out, you can ask moderators to renew your plan early. Or when your data runs out, you can do an immediate plan change and start with another plan.

With Public Mobile, there are no overages. If you use up all your data, it will stop.

With that said, Public Mobile may not the ideal provider for you if you use a lot of data. You may find the throttled speed at 3Mbps to be annoying.

That is actually not a bad idea if you know you could count on moderators response times, as changing the plan wood be downgrading which isn't such a great option for somebody who consumes more data than the max. Im curious if anybody could give more info about renewing early. Does it happen on the spot or can you ask them to do it when you hit 0? That would be nice but somehow i don't see it happening

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@rooster 

There is another way around it. When your data is about to run out, you can ask moderators to renew your plan early. Or when your data runs out, you can do an immediate plan change and start with another plan.

With Public Mobile, there are no overages. If you use up all your data, it will stop.

With that said, Public Mobile may not the ideal provider for you if you use a lot of data. You may find the throttled speed at 3Mbps to be annoying.

One thing i heard it's that since its throttled many apps start behaving very well and become more data efficient, apparently they check connection to see how to behave, especially streaming ones.

You can also try restricting background data to many data hungry apps and see how your consumption changes before making decision

@rooster wrote:

seems like an ackward business model to limit consumption!

I think it's more like keeping in line with competitors ( lucky and chatr) if you get too aggressive they may really jump ov you.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you need more than 8GB then it would expensive to purchase more data - 1GB data-on is $30.  You would be better offer to look at another provider that offer larger data plans.

rooster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

seems like an ackward business model to limit consumption!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@rooster , unfortunately you will need to shop a different brand if you want lots of data.  This brand is generally intended for cost conscious customers with minimal needs.  It's silly to use $30/GB add-on for daily needs.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Wait for the new plan

Get the second sim

Buy add-on

That's pretty much all the options i can see

They had 10gigs for b60 and at one point 12.5 gigs fur $60

Im patently waiting to snatch it for my niece

Need Help? Let's chat.