cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a refund on a cancelled account

Jasonlink
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello pm, 

I ported back to Telus, only after a few days of the auto-pay feature paid my monthly bill. I couldn't get back into my account to get help so I used twitter to contact this morning and was told to make Community account.

12 REPLIES 12

@Jasonlink wrote:

Yes

I'm happy you reveived a refund but I think there was some luck. The policies say no to this.

Jasonlink

Yes, under the circumstances and being loyal to the Telus family I will receive a refund in a few weeks. Not clear on how much of a refund,  because I did use 2 days of service. I am happy about it for sure.

@JasonlinkSo did you get a refund?

Jasonlink

The Telus rep did say that they would refund me, and " we're practically the same company". 

I would like to say thank you to PM for looking into my matter closer. 🙂

@Jasonlink wrote:

Telus rep said PM would refund

@Jasonlink , the Telus Rep may have lied to you.  I would go back to them (Telus) and ask for an account credit equal to your monthly bill here and see what happens.  Tell them you switched right away when the Telus Rep said you would be refunded by Public Mobile

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Jasonlink wrote:

The Telus rep doesn't work for Public Mobile. They aren't in a position to say and if they are, they would just do it for you. Public Mobile is prepaid and that means no refunds.

Jasonlink

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jasonlink 

Other members are correct.  There is no refund of the unused days.  Since you are porting back to Telus, moderator may give a refund.  But no guarantee.  YMMV.  You may want to ask moderator to remove your autopay cc from your canceled account to make sure that PM will not take money out of your cc.

Create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.
Keep asking SIMon to "contact human" for one or more times. SIMon will eventually show you the "Submit a ticket" button. Click on submit button to get the create ticket screen.
Moderator wait time is up to 2 days.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Jasonlink wrote:

Hello pm, 

I ported back to Telus, only after a few days of the auto-pay feature paid my monthly bill. I couldn't get back into my account to get help so I used twitter to contact this morning and was told to make Community account.

There'a no service on Twitter or anything else but here but sorry, refund is unlikely.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

PM is a prepaid service so you've lost your payment and any plan features. It would have made more sense to wait until 30 days were up and then ported back to Telus. You wouldn't have lost anything.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Jasonlink wrote:

Hello pm, 

if you ported out after your renewal there are no refunds as this is a prepaid service and unlike postpaid services, they do not prorate your plan and refund you for any unused portion of your active plan

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Jasonlink wrote:

Hello pm, 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Need Help? Let's chat.