cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a Telus Eversafe ID if you don't have access to the phone? No email verify option.

PBForMe1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So I have accounts I manage for my parents who are on vaction, but now that they are out of the country I can't login to the site to update their payment information since they have the SIMS.

The option to verify via email only shows up AFTER you create the Eversafe ID, only voice and text option shows up if you've not created the EVERSAFE ID, so now I'm locked out?

Does anybody know what mods I can message to fix this?

This seems crazy that they've locked people out of their accounts without warning. 

What happens to people who lost their sim before creating an EverSafe ID? They're locked out?

UPDATE: @selmak has solved the issue, see the solution for details

21 REPLIES 21

PBForMe1

@computergeek541 wrote:

@PBForMe1 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@selmak @PBForMe1 

have you tried this and confirmed it works?

I have tried it and can confirm it worked perfectly; reset password, get verification code in email, create new password then it lets you create the EverSafe ID and you'll be able to login with an EMAIL verification option after that. 

I know you're mentioning how the password can be reset, but I can also confirm that to create a new EverSafe ID, a phone number doesn't need to be provided (at least that's how it is now).  When creating a new EverSafe ID, the first thing asked for is an e-mail address.  After entering that, the code will be e-mailed.

Interesting, perhaps they fixed it?

Previously on your first login they required SMS/VOICE code with no EMAIL option.

@PBForMe1 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@selmak @PBForMe1 

I have tried it and can confirm it worked perfectly; reset password, get verification code in email, create new password then it lets you create the EverSafe ID and you'll be able to login with an EMAIL verification option after that. 

I know you're mentioning how the password can be reset, but I can also confirm that to create a new EverSafe ID, a phone number doesn't need to be provided (at least that's how it is now).  When creating a new EverSafe ID, the first thing asked for is an e-mail address.  After entering that, the code will be e-mailed.

PBForMe1

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @PBForMe1   but you can actually go to My Account too?.  I thought part of the step for my account link is that it send you a text to your phone

Yes you can, after you reset the password you can hit 'resend' on the code page and it'll give you a verify by email option. 

HI @PBForMe1   but you can actually go to My Account too?.  I thought part of the step for my account link is that it send you a text to your phone

PBForMe1

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@selmak @PBForMe1 

selmak
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi @pm-smayer97 yes it worked with every account in my family:o)

@selmak @PBForMe1 

PBForMe1

@selmak wrote:

@PBForMe1 i have the similar problem, sim outside the country, but i managed to login the following way
go to login page and ask to reset the password, this will send you a code to your email
after resetting your password, try to log in again, this time there will be the option to receive the code via email
I suspect after you enter that first code you kinda link the old and the new accounts
Hope it works

Thank you so much! I can confirm if you reset the password it then gives you an option to verify by EMAIL and you can get into the Portal and EverSafe ID is created. You rock!

selmak

Sorry @PBForMe1  i see it now, it says:
Your identity strength is

Secure

selmak

@PBForMe1 how do you check that status?
thanks

selmak

@PBForMe1 
i did it with my main phone number as well, though i can receive code i chose to reset password as well and it worked, my household has another one, once they are back i'll try again

selmak

@hTideGnow i couldn't login was getting only 2 options for code, but after i reset the password (i'm sure my old password was good and working, but it was only getting me to code step with voice or sms) this time i had 3 options
that email reset code did the linking i guess

PBForMe1

@selmak wrote:

@PBForMe1 i have the similar problem, sim outside the country, but i managed to login the following way
go to login page and ask to reset the password, this will send you a code to your email
after resetting your password, try to log in again, this time there will be the option to receive the code via email
I suspect after you enter that first code you kinda link the old and the new accounts
Hope it works

Thanks for sharing, this is very interesting. I'm too afraid to try it though because I don't want to risk breaking the account as I have no trust in public mobiles system right now lol

Can you check your EverSafe status in your account? Does it report as secure?

HI@selmak   and now you can login to My Account as well?  

Isn't that there is a step to link the phone number to your Eversafe id and needs the sms ?

selmak

Hope it works

Stay on them @PBForMe1 

this rollout should have been preempted, until these kinds of hiccups were resolved.

🙄

PBForMe1

Support is basically giving me the runaround saying there's nothing they can do, so I should just accept I've been locked out of my accounts and pray the line stays active and there's no issues in the six months before they return home?

PBForMe1

So I messaged support and they're saying there is nothing they can do?

A_CX_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

We are working as fast as possible to resolve this issue and will provide an update as soon as possible. 

Please note: I am not a CS Agent and can't provide 1:1 support.
I do not monitor my direct messages.

PBForMe1

Thank you very much, I'll try creating a ticket and see how it goes.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Yeah, that's a huge oversight @PBForMe1 

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here to create a support ticket, then type Customer Support Agent, then Contact Us,  or
  2. Send a private message to Customer Support Agent by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.