cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does porting take?

hank70
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yesterday 11pm, my wife's phone ported from Chatr mobile, completing the activation of sim card.

But her phone with chatr sim card still works. 

I think it means the porting is not complete yet. 

I wonder how long I have to wait for. 

Even though the chatr sim card still works, do I have to put the new sim card of public mobile?

Or do I have to wait until the sim card of chatr dies?

4 REPLIES 4

Sim card being inserted or not has no effect on the completion of the nunber port   All incoming calls will continue to be routed through Chatr until the number transfer is complete.

With things taking this long, your phone number transfer request has probably been rejected.  I would contact Chatr customer service to ask for your Chatr account numbet if you haven't already done so.  Armed with that information, the moderators should be able to get your number transfered over.

bilal684
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I subscribed today, ported from Koodo and it took 2-3 minutes. Perhaps this is because Koodo and PM are sister companies owned by Telus. Perhaps it take a little longer since Chatr is a company owned by Rogers which is a competitor of Telus?

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Typically mobile to mobile porting is quick, minutes to a few hours. If it was landline I would say two Business Days. Keep using your Chatr SIM until you lose the signal is likely your best bet. All incoming calls will go to it until the port finishes. You will only have call out service available on PM at the moment.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Porting takes around 1-2 hours to as long as 2 days.  This does seem unusually long for a chatr port.  I suggest reaching out to the moderator team to check up on the situation and perhaps resubmitting the port.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in your private message account number and PIN code. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.