cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you Refer-A-Friend?

charlottecrouch
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I convinced my sister to switch to Public Mobile and gave her a referral code, but neither of us can figure out where she's supposed to enter it. Does she have to fully activate a plan before she can enter the code and receive the rewards? I found a Help article that implied the user joining can only add the code once an "eligible plan" is activated, but I don't want to instruct her poorly and have both of us lose the rewards. 

Does anyone have any advice on the process? I see information about the rewards we both get from it, but nothing about how to set it up. 

Thanks in advance! 

5 REPLIES 5

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@charlottecrouch 

The referral code is entered on the 4th page of the activation portal after you choose a plan and before payment. I recommend taking screenshots of each page and the info added as well as the transaction summary after a successful activation.

Choosing a new number and picking one from Alberta will save you the sales tax (pay gst only) on the plan amount. Phone numbers can be ported in or changed after activation in the self serve account's profile page once you ensure all of your services are working on your pm Sim card.

Screenshot_20220926-214129~2.png

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@charlottecrouch 

You are to enter the referral code on page 4 the payment section of the activation page.

If you already activated the SIM without adding the referral code, just contact a CS_Agent by creating a ticket on SIMon Chatbot bottom of page or private message them on envelope icon above.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

During activation on one of screens should be a filed to enter referral code.

But if you already activated and missed that screen, ask agent to add it manually.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@charlottecrouch @Yes you pick plan first , referral code gets put in on page 3 of the process I believe before you make payment 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@charlottecrouch @You will have opportunity to add referral code during the activation process before payment 

edit there will be box to add referral code and another one for promo code also if applicable 

Need Help? Let's chat.