Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get rewards I’m community

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I’m new to public mobile wondering how I get rewards in community 

36 REPLIES 36

@fdrcamb519  I started out knowing I had to learn how to manage my account and I was and still am technologically challenged. So I came here to help myself learn knowing I wouldn't be able to just pick up the phone and ask someone to fix it for me. I also wanted to save a couple bucks off my bill. The more i learned the more i enjoyed sharing my new found knowledge. Ive always made an effort in my life to help others.....the community ended up being a perfect combination of the two.

The other advantage is once you become familiar with how public mobile, the community, plans, your account and promotions work it will make it much easier to refer your friends and family and teach them how public mobile works. This is how you can really save money on your bill. Each one of those monthly $1 rewards can really start to add up after awhile. $$$!!!

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@fdrcamb519 Answer the questions and provide people value

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

you have to get involved and help others

@fdrcamb519  Earning community rewards is based on your participation on the community. Loosely it would be based on posts, bravos and solutions but its your overall participation and contributions that are taken into consideration.

When you first start out here its very difficult for you to help others you're new! So it starts with you reading the different help articles, the posts and threads that other members start and/or reply to and as you explore the community you begin to ask questions about how certain things work (like this question you've asked), your self serve account, renewals, promotions, a phone issue or different ways you can pay for your plan. As you learn you'll switch from asking the questions to help answer them. Even if you don't know the answer....type it in the search bar and press go....a slew of posts with solutions will pop up and you'll find out the answer for the next time someone asks the question.

All of this kind of participation goes into the calculation of the secret formula of the community rewards. If you spend an hour a day on a regular basis you have a good chance of making it into the top 50% or top 25% and recieve $1 or $2 in rewards. If you enjoy helping people out and you want to put in a lot more time and effort you could achieve the top 10% or possibly higher. If you're off work due to COVID-19 then you have some time to see what it takes.

It's nice to save a buck or two off your bill but working one hour at minimum wage will earn you what a top 1% badge earner spends a minimum 100 hours a month on here helping out.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@fdrcamb519 wrote:

I’m new to public mobile wondering how I get rewards in community 

Here is a good place to start and read about rewards.  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/reward-rules

You will need to spend some time learning about PM and issues people face and how to resolve them.  When you see someone post in here with an issue that you know how you can help you reply.  If the post is of good quality other members can bravo your post and if it helps the OP they may even choose it as the solution.  Earning rewards is about Quality posts in the community that help people.  Honestly, if you are coming in just for the rewards you won't find it worthwhile for the amount of time you need to put in to earn the higher rewards.  You really should be here just to help people and treat the rewards as a bonus

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.