cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get my $5 PM eSim?

DD86
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

New account, selected my plan and $5 eSim option.

Account activation failed on step 6 of 6 when I requested a phone port.

Customer support said they can't help me until I get a sim number but I ordered one already and paid.

How do I get this eSim?!

10 REPLIES 10

@DD86 did you activate with the app on your phone??  if you did, they should have your eSIm number.

Anyway, give them the EID number.  Steps provided above 

DD86

I know this is a community form.

The CS has not been able to tell me where it went or why I didn't receive it.

I've lost a day to trying to solve this.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @DD86 , you know we are customers and members like you here in the forum.

You said: "CS tells me I need to give them my eSim number before I can get a temp number and once I have a temp number I can port my Koodo number over."

You paid the $5, can they tell you what happened to it or where it went?

DD86

I don't think I even received the eSim yet.  At what point in account creation and plan activation do I get it?. People talk about a qr code but I haven't seem one 

@DD86 

@DD86  are they looking for the EID number?

If so,   

Setting->About Phone->Sim status->View EID number

DD86

Phone is esim compatible. Google pixel 5.

I was going through the account activation steps on the app and step 6 of 6 was to create a new phone number or port. I picked port.  I entered the requested info (imei etc) and the it attempted activation/port and failed.

Now I'm stick with a partial account. No temp phone number and no eSim that I paid $5 for when I selected my plan.

CS tells me I need to give them my eSim number before I can get a temp number and once I have a temp number I can port my Koodo number over.

@DD86 are you activating iPhone?

do they mean you dont have a compatible eSIM phone? 

DD86

Porting from koodo post paid.

They cs won't give me a temp number until I find the eSim number I was never sent.

DD86

I didn't get to the QR code part.

Cs isn't helping me.  They say find the esim for this new account and then come back for the port.  

I have no idea where my eSim is

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@DD86   you got a QR code from the activation yet?  If so, scan the QR code to install the eSIM profile.  You might need to reboot the phone or even Reset all networks to get it to work

However, if you have not got to the QR code section, then please open ticket with PM support and let them know you got stuck at that step.   To message support, please use this link:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

And, are you porting from Koodo?  There were porting with porting from Koodo (both prepaid and postpaid account),  Not sure if it got it fixed yet.  You might need to get a temporary phone number first and ask for porting once the activation is completed

Need Help? Let's chat.