cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How bad is the backlog?

clamchowder
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I ported my number over last Thursday and it failed. I messaged the mods on Friday, haven't heard a peep.

What's the backlog like right now? Are they responding to any messages?

How long have people been waiting to hear back for a fix?
48 REPLIES 48

Penguin

@Shazia_K Thank you!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@clamchowder@Penguin

The port has been requested, please allow at least 30 minutes to 2 hours for the port to complete. You will receive a text message saying that the port has completed and then simply reboot your phone 🙂

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

clamchowder
@Shazia_K, just private messaged you! Thank you in advance.

Penguin

@Shazia_K The most recent one was last night. I sent it to you with all the info. Please let me know if you have received it!

Edit - just resent the message from last night

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@clamchowder

The port failed due to the wrong IMEI number provided in the port request, can you please send the account number with Zoomers? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

angrypmcustomer

Hi Shazia,

I just sent you a PM. Your help would be much appreciated. I tried to port/activate on Nov 11, it failed, and I was charged $120. Submitted a few tickets, contacted @Mary_M and have not heard back. 

Today my phone stopped working from Koodo, so I re-inserted my Public Mobile SIM and it's claiming SIM is invalid and now I cannot get any cell service. I'm nervous I lost my phone number of over 13 years.

I've set you a PM with my contact info, if you don't mind please assist me. Thank you. 

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Penguin

Sorry to hear about this! 

When and to whom was the message sent to? Please send it back to me with the complete info 😉

Thanks,

Shazia

Penguin

@Shazia_K Hey, how long is the waiting time before replies? I've messaged mods and submitted online forms but haven't received any confirmation that the message was received and that someone is working on it. Thanks!

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thank you so much Shaz, you're the best 🙂

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@clamchowder

I'm really sorry about this! I have received your message please allow a short time, I am getting to yours shortly!

Thanks,

Shazia

scottl

Glad you asked about the backlog, but maybe the question should be re-phrased:

How long is it taking Public Mobile to respond to e-mails, and - separately - private messages to moderators?

Many of us know we can't do anything alone - no sign-in to account despite welcome e-mails and credit card being charged.

As far as I can tell there is literally nothing people attempting to be customers can do. At a minimum it would be nice to hear the backlog acknowledged with an estimate of how long we should wait.

It's obviously not 48 hours.

mike390

@majsiddiqui wrote:

Hi @mike390

Question, did you fill out the form under Change Number tab to complete your port request from Fido?

I ask because I also have to port a number from Fido in the coming days, and contemplating if I should attempt it myself or request assistance from one of the moderators, once things start to settle down.

Thanks.

I filled out everything I could to make it as smooth as possible.  I filled out my account number (different from your phone number), IMEI, PIN. Pretty much all the fields. Make sure the information is accurate, I suspect typos will cause this to take much longer.

clamchowder
That's right.
1st port was with Sooner Wireless - failed, waiting since Thursday. I only filled in IMEI as it was suggested as 1 of the 3 options.

2nd port was with Rogers - worked almost instantly. But this time I included IMEI and Account number, learning from mistake above.

@Shazia_K @Mary_M

majsiddiqui
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi @mike390

Question, did you fill out the form under Change Number tab to complete your port request from Fido?

I ask because I also have to port a number from Fido in the coming days, and contemplating if I should attempt it myself or request assistance from one of the moderators, once things start to settle down.

Thanks.

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

What's the issue you're having with your phone?  I read some of your past posts and it sounds like 1 account is fine but the other is having issues.

clamchowder
Help, Shazia_K and Mary_M.
Cheers!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I would Tag one here as well. @Shazia_K and hopefully get help here you shouldn't have to wait that long.  I understand it is busy and they are doing their best as it must be crazy for them right now.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mike390

I ported friday from Fido and had my service working in 20-30 mins.  Depending on your carrier it may take longer.  

Need Help? Let's chat.