21 REPLIES 21

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Timer 

don't lie, you know the Community inside out

Welcome back.   Hope you have a better run this time

great

HI @Timer   

No , a mayor does not really mean anything. It is just a software setup that will grant you the title once you posted enough. You will be a mayor very soon too

Other mayors knows a lot.  But I don't know much.  I am learning from everyone here everyday

i see at your name is Mayor by who i don't know
but if have problem with the service and you are a Mayor why will posting in community and you do research in internet, library, books, all technology you have it

@Timer wrote:

and what is the trick to the community ,, i don't know 

sorry there any problems with you 

HI @Timer   Thanks.  I have no problem today.   If I have a problem with the service, I will for sure make a post  and the Community here will have an answer within minutes

But thanks for asking.  You are great

what is wrong for the 3hr answer what i post is there any wrong by that 

and what is the trick to the community ,, i don't know 

sorry there any problems with you 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Timer   You are only here 3 hours and you made 30 posts already!! I guess you know the trick to the Community

So, just reply what you can help, bravos others.  But reply with helpful tips and don't just send people to CS Agent.  CS Agent sometimes take long to reply.  If we can help with our tips and experience, it is much better than sending people to wait in the CS agent queue

Welcome to the Community!!

@Timer 

Only fine if you are retired and have the time.

nice job

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Timer 

I would suggest you read solutions answers to the question asked by member then give up your day job 😂 and answer questions on this Community.

so how to do it and how much time i have be in here to getting

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You are seeing these replies from your original question. You will see the questions and replies to all the other questions in the top level listing of threads or replies. If you think you can answer the question then do just as you have done here, reply. If someone likes your reply they might click the little thumbs up icon to bravo your reply. Or the original questioner might. Then if your reply was that good that it answered the question then your reply might be selected as the solution.

And do that as frequently as you feel like it. You will also learn the culture of the place as to what is accepted and what is not.

But know this...you would have to have some enjoyment of helping others get through their problem. DO NOT do this for the money. It's simply not worth your while. One or so hours work at a minimum wage job each month would exceed what you can get here. Don't be fooled by the marketing of $20 for the community reward (or 20 points). That is only for a select few. They don't have to do anything here (they do some) and they would still get that $20. The rest of us can only poke away at questions and hope to get some level of reward. But again, it's more about the satisfaction of seeing someone on their way with hopefully a nice thank you. That's the reward.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Timer read the help articles listen to what others are saying understand the issues participate in the discussions 🤔 be kind to others 🤗

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Timer - once a month Public Mobile will review their stats and award customers who contributed in the Get Support section of the community forum. These numbers/stats are reviewed as new data monthly.

$'s or Public Points (1-20 points) worded as "Give Back" here for more info.: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/Public-Points-Rewards

$'s or Public Points are added to customer's My Rewards sections of their account around the 6th each month if they are considered an awardee.

My Rewards: https://telusidentity.telus.com/as/authorization.oauth2?response_type=code&scope=openid&client_id=20...

You must ensure the email you have for your Community account matches the Self Serve/My Account though for Community rewards ("Give Back") to be applied correctly. Even upper/lower case needs to match, I believe.

sorry i'm not get you how to do it

can you explain more how

@Timer wrote:

how to do that to get many solutions and for what, and what mean bravos/posts

@Timer  - Posts are you quantity of posts made here in the Community Forum.

Bravos are those thumbs up you see in every post from members and in your own posts. 

Solutions are those posts that the original poster who started the thread may choose to select if it helped them answer their question asked here.

Looking at your stats currently, you are showing 2 posts. If you click on your member name you can see this too.

esjliv_0-1657666620089.png

Hope that makes sense.

@Timer wrote:

This is about being rewarded for tryijng to help other customers.  Over time, this can lead to discounts.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Timer - you know the saying "Time is Money?", well that is part of it.

Community Rewards are awarded by your contribution (time spent in the Community forums) measured by bravos/posts/solutions you receive. 

There is no set /written rule as to how much time, bravos, answers, questions you need to be involved in to receive community rewards

Spend time reading posts, asking questions and answering when you know you can help and you will likely be rewarded!

Additionally, you could contribute for one 30 day period, get rewarded; then the next 30 day period it resets, so you would need to continue to contribute for any rewards to be given on a continuous basis.

But if you take a break, no worries, just come back when you can!

Need Help? Let's chat.