cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotspot connects but most pages cannot open.

Bobby5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Message I get : DNS now found.

Even if connect the speed is very slow

11 REPLIES 11

@Bobby5  happy that it helps

and enjoy!!

Bobby5

Ok now it works 🙂

So in my case I didn't have the option to add ,dun under APN type. I add a new and copy all the same (couple of the fields even on the new list not able to choose anything but was ok, skip). In this new list I couldn't add ,dun because the choises were already preset. I had three of them .  1. Internet + mms

2. internet

3. mms

After saving it though and went back to edit again I was able to see many other choices under the APN type...one of them was internet + mms + dun. ....Pingo...thats the one I needed. Now hopefully no more issues with this. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Bobby5 - have you restarted your phone since you switched from Fido? Try restarting.

Also try performing a reset of the device's network settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings, and connected Bluetooth devices that you've used before.   android: Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

@Bobby5 

What phone do you have? brand and model?

if you can't type it, can you create a new one?

this is what you need, and the DUN is needed and it might be case-sensitive too

Compare the APN settings below, try to update it and save:

APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy:
Port:
Username: <blank>
Password: <blank>
Server:
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS Port: 8799
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication Type: Not Set
APN Type: default,supl,mms
         or    default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
           (might need to include DUN for hotspot, please note case sensitive)
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
                or  Turn APN on/off APN turned on
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator) type: GID
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator)value: 4D

Bobby5

ok hold one two minutes to give it a try with the tablet. After saving it without being able to add anything under APN type now I got a whole new list to choose and one of the choices has the dun included...I can't type it , is there to choose it so I did and saved it....let me check if it works

Bobby5

I just add a new one copying from the existing one BUT under APN type I don't have a choice to add anything but choosing either internet + mms (which is already the one the existing one has)

or just internet or just mms

Did you turn off mobile data? (just to be obvious)
Are you able to add a whole new one? Use the existing one as the model.

Bobby5

phone is doing the hotspot, tablet is connected to hotspot. I tried to edit APN but is all gray I can't edit any of the fields. I even click on the 3 dots  to reset to default, nothing changed

What device is doing the hotspot and what device is connecting to it? If the phone then edit the APN and under APN type and add at the end -> ,dun <- (not the arrows 🙂 ) no spaces.

Bobby5

Adroid. I was with fido until a week ago and always connect my tablet with phone hotspot. Never had this issue. Since start using Public the issue started. Any kind of settings need to change?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

iphone or Android? Can you connect to another phone hotspot?

Need Help? Let's chat.