cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible experience

Mlequo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Public Mobile website is by far the worst UX in my short career. Nothing seems to work. What a horrible waste of time. I could rant forever about this technology, but I do not want to get my blood boiling so I will drop this and any Telus related network at my earliest opportunity.

Needless to say I am unable to change my plan or ad data to my plan. Just useless!

M

edited by computergeek541: terms of service

8 REPLIES 8

Banjoman

I have used a VPN on the occasions when I had issues and that seemed to be helpful also. 

@Mlequo 

I have been in your shoes....the pm site is very finicky, loves all of your devices attention not willing to share space with other tabs and wants an air of mystery surrounding it preferring dark mode....

Follow these tips to success...

1. Clear your browser.
  2. Reboot your device.
  3. Open one tab only.
  4. Use secret/incognito mode.
  5. Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Edge work best.
  6. Change the device you are using to log in.

Using these tips should lead to an error free experience when making a change within your self serve account.

@Mlequo wrote:

Again, I have tried all the tricks in the sleeve. My cache is cleared, I tried using Brave, Firefox, Chrome and to no avail. 

(thank you for trying to help - I am not ranting at you, )

@Mlequo 

Sorry this is all very troubling to you. There are usually tricks or steps that can overcome these silly website issues.

I can see this is working on my end.

Can you use a totally different device to access the Change Plan area?

If still issues and you cannot change your plan or addons, contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team to help you, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can also use the 611 service to buy data. You'll need your 4 digit PIN. You can pay with the pre-registered payment card or buy vouchers.

Mlequo

Again, I have tried all the tricks in the sleeve. My cache is cleared, I tried using Brave, Firefox, Chrome and to no avail.

(thank you for trying to help - I am not ranting at you, )

edited by computergeek541: terms of service

@Mlequo wrote:

Yeah, if only the page would load. 

(thanks for trying to help ...)

Use incognito mode, clear cache files and try a different web browser. I'm using Firefox and seems to work for me.

Mlequo

Yeah, if only the page would load. 

(thanks for trying to help ...)

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Mlequo wrote:

Public Mobile website is by far the worst UX in my short career. Nothing seems to work. What a horrible waste of time. I could rant forever about this technology, but I do not want to get my blood boiling so I will drop this and any Telus related network at my earliest opportunity.

Needless to say I am unable to change my plan or ad data to my plan. Just useless!

M

To add a data-on...you must first add sufficient $$ to Available Funds, then go back and buy the data add-on you want. EZPZ

Need Help? Let's chat.