cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hold my number while I’m out of the country

Alicejgibbons
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I’m wondering if there is a good plan for me to hold my number for me while I’m out of Canada. I don’t need to use the phone number or any cellular data but would like to keep my number. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Grand_Total
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

How long will you be out of Canada? If it's more than 90 days then port your number to NumberBarn or another simiilar service. Otherwise simply pause your subscription until you return to Canada.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Alicejgibbons , how long are you going to be out of Canada? If not long you can switch your current plan down to the $15 plan then once you’re back you can switch to a different plan. Keep in mind that the current plan that you’re on may no longer be offered to switch back to.

If you’re going to be gone for a few months you can pause your subscription.

Steps to Pause your Subscription

1. Log in to the Public Mobile app  (select + symbol on bottom left) or My Account (click  >  symbol on bottom left)
  2. Go to the ‘Payments' tab
  3. Select ‘Manage Subscription’
  4. Click the toggle to Unsubscribe and select ‘Unsubscribe’ on the confirmation pop up
  5. You will continue to have service until your current subscription ends. You’ll be able to see the date that your subscription will end in the ‘Manage Subscription’ section
  6. After this date you will no longer have service and you will have 90 days to renew your service.
  7. After 90 days your account will be permanently closed which means you will:
    • Lose your phone number
    • Need a new Public Mobile SIM card to resubscribe

To learn how to renew your services click here.

Edited: Fixed typos!

Need Help? Let's chat.