cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!

MajUser
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone,

My father signed for a sim under public mobile and gave me the sim to use. However, the sim only has 1gb and that is no longer enough for my usage. I have decided to help carry some of the costs so I got my own sim with Virgin Mobile so I can get more data usage. However, my father does not remember his account number or which email he used to register. I have searched through all of them and no emails from public mobile. Without this, I am unable to carry my number over and I cannot afford to start over with a new number as I have too many personal information and contacts linked to my current number.

My question is:

Is there a way to access the myaccount information?

I have access to the payment details since he has access to his banking info. 

Will this allow me to access self-serve? I still get monthly messages for reminders about payment and when payment has been paid.

TLDR: I am looking for a way to access my account so I can carry my number over to a different provider.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

@MajUser wrote:

Hello,

So I just managed to disable autopay, how do I do the porting out? Do i call my new provider? They told me I need to talk to Public Mobile first and I need an account number to do that.

Thanks for the quick reply

You don't need to talk to Public Mobile to port out. Go into your self serve account for account number. You can look for account number in e-mail from Public Mobile sent on your activation date too. You can also use IMEI or PIN to port out. You get the new provider to do it all.

DarianDNewell
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You probably don't need to tie any loose strings of here you could just get a new SIM card for your preferred provider, 

Or message a moderator to help you.

Do you have documentation of when you changed your auto pay status, or perhaps a screenshot of your system settings for your phone's code? Maybe even a pic of your sim card. A moderator might be able to use these in order to verify its you and allow you into the account.

DarianDNewell
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Are you planning to stay with public mobile?

MajUser
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

So I just managed to disable autopay, how do I do the porting out? Do i call my new provider? They told me I need to talk to Public Mobile first and I need an account number to do that.

Thanks for the quick reply

@MajUser wrote:

Hello everyone,

My father signed for a sim under public mobile and gave me the sim to use. However, the sim only has 1gb and that is no longer enough for my usage. I have decided to help carry some of the costs so I got my own sim with Virgin Mobile so I can get more data usage. However, my father does not remember his account number or which email he used to register. I have searched through all of them and no emails from public mobile. Without this, I am unable to carry my number over and I cannot afford to start over with a new number as I have too many personal information and contacts linked to my current number.

My question is:

Is there a way to access the myaccount information?

I have access to the payment details since he has access to his banking info. 

Will this allow me to access self-serve? I still get monthly messages for reminders about payment and when payment has been paid.

TLDR: I am looking for a way to access my account so I can carry my number over to a different provider.

You do not need access to your self serve account to port your phone number out.  You should make sure that any atuopay payment options are disabled.  Porting out can be done with the person's name on the Public Mobile account, the phone number, and the IMEI of the device.

To reset the password, the forgot password option can be used. This will send an e-mail message to the e-mail address that your father used.

Need Help? Let's chat.