cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with spouse's account

dnadolny
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello! We have lost my wife's self-service account password (and answers), and currently can't recover them. Unfortunately, this has happened while we're moving provinces, and the credit card on the account is expiring soon, as well as her current minutes running out.

Are we able to purchase addons directly through her phone? I don't remember what number to call to sort that out. Are we able to do anything else directly through phone (e.g. change credit card being charged for autopay)?

I submitted a ticked, but for some reason the ticket system wasn't letting me sign in to _this_ account, so I'm not sure if the message went through correctly either! Any help is appreciated!

7 REPLIES 7

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dnadolny 

A lot of good information here for the 611 IVR system, but regarding ticket and account access - a clarification.

When you communicate with a CS Agent, you're logging into the Community here.  The account you need to log into while creating a ticket should be the Phone Service account with problems.  The Phone Service account and Community accounts* are separate and not linked.  In other words, you should be creating a ticket logging into your Spouse's account (which you're having trouble with), so you won't be logging into any account but authenticating separately.

* For accounts, there's actually a third, unlinked Store account too (but that's not relevant here).

dnadolny

Thank you all for the help, that's exactly what I needed to know!

For some reason, Step 3 of submitting a ticket, "Verify your identity" isn't working with my community username or my self-serve email address - I went through and filled in additional info last night when I submitted a ticket, so hopefully it went through correctly 🙂

here is the 611 menu

hTideGnow_0-1629900713119.png

I still think you need to unlock your account for other access.  Try submit ticket again, maybe with direct message (route 2 I provided earlier)

some add-on could be by dialing *611.  You do need to have your PIN

what are you trying to buy?

I think you can only buy Data add-on LD minutes (only international and canada minutes)

**please note you do need to load fund first (doable on *611) before buying add in

dnadolny

Yes, unfortunately my wife likes to have extra security, and chooses random answers to security questions, which are also written down on the sheet that has been misplaced or packed up, so we're not able to get access that way.

I did try to submit a ticket, which has hopefully gone through - I went through Simon, and the ticket itself didn't allow me to sign in with this account for some reason, so I'm not sure it got submitted.

Is there a way to do addons, or anything else through the phone? We do have her pin. I thought there was, but can't remember... we're a bit sleep-deprived as new parents!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@dnadolny 

did you try the Forgot Password link.  After you entered the correct email address, you will be asked to answer the security question you set up before

If you are still unable to get through, you will then have to open a ticket with PM to have the Customer Support Agent to reset the password for you

I understand you had issue with opening ticket the first time.  Try again, when asked for Community account credentials, just use what you are using now...

to open the ticket, click on the Bubble or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot
 Start by  typing: Forgot log in information, then click "Co ntact Us" and Click "Click here to submit a ticket"

If you still have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS_Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.