cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me understand my new discount

Basienka2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

With the recent upcoming changes to the rewards system I'd like to understand what my new bill will look like before my billing cycle starts again later this month.  

Currently on the $15 starter plan with $2 pre-authorized payment discount and $4 in Loyalty Pays discount, so my total bill is $9+hst.  I need to know what my new payment will be like because if it's going up, I'll be porting out to a better deal.

Thank you for your help.

Screenshot 2024-05-01 085230.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

@Basienka2 wrote:

Thank you. That's really complicated especially for older folks who don't log in to manage things / convert points to discounts.  I just need a low monthly bill which is why I moved to PM in the first place. Looks like I'll be moving to a competitors talk & text plan for $99/year since I don't need data.

@Basienka2 

If you don't need data, the $99/year plan would work better for your needs.  Only potential issue is depending on where you live, other network (ie. Freedom) may not offer as reliable connection as Telus/Public mobile.  If you live in a major city, you should be fine.  

Basienka2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you. That's really complicated especially for older folks who don't log in to manage things / convert points to discounts.  I just need a low monthly bill which is why I moved to PM in the first place. Looks like I'll be moving to a competitors talk & text plan for $99/year since I don't need data.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Basienka2 

The price will be going up for sure.  You will not be getting monthly rewards anymore.  No more autopay rewards ($2/month).  Instead of monthly loyalty rewards ($4/month), you will be getting a one time 10 points rewards once a year on your anniversary date sign up.

You will be paying $15/month + tax initially.  Once you get 15 points, you can credit for $15.  

At the $15 price level, without loyalty rewards, Public mobile unfortunately is not competitive versus other companies. 

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Basienka2 - You will get:

• 0.75 points
  • 5 one time welcome points when you enter in the my rewards dashboard
  • 10 annual "Loyalty" thank you points

You will get 24 points in the first year if you keep $15 plan, then after that 19 points in the other years.

You can manually redeem the points for a $15 bill credit & Add-ons.

Need Help? Let's chat.