cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help activating with Public Mobile

jealey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Jeremy,

I joined public mobile yesterday and I requested my old number to be transferred. I also requested my iPhone to be unlocked from Rogers. I inserted the new SIM card into my phone and turn the phone on. It requests me to “Choose a Wi-Fi Network” or I have the option of “Use Cellular Connection”. I selected “Use Cellular Connection”. I get a message saying “Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation service cannot be requested”. When I put my old SIM card in, I have same two options, but I also have another option called “Next”. If I select the “Next”, I get a message saying “Continue without Wi-Fi?”. I selected continue and I have access to my phone and the settlings, but no service. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

jealey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi will13am,

I will look into that! Thanks for your help!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jealey, are you able to login to the self serve account to confirm that it is active?  I assumed the old SIM card is no longer working because the number port request has closed the old service.  It is possible that a porting problem is impeding this service.  Again, I would start with checking the self serve to see if there is anything obviously wrong and go from there.  Account fixes like stuck port will need moderator team assistance.  The troubleshooting will help with explaining to the moderators the nature of the problem. 

The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.