cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help activating sim

RedDotBaddie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can a MOD please message me? I'm trying to activate a sim and it won't accept any of my credit cards

9 REPLIES 9

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@RedDotBaddie 

Just try a little later in the day and try using a different device like a computer or laptop instead, like I suggested before.

@RedDotBaddie wrote:

I have tried a visa, MC and a debit Visa. Nothing is working 

HI @RedDotBaddie 

that is weird. 

Maybe try again on another device, maybe desktop or laptop

If still unable to activate, either wait till tomorrow or message PM CS agent and see if they can confirm if there is problem on the system

Message them here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

RedDotBaddie

Activating a new sim, yes 

RedDotBaddie

I have tried a visa, MC and a debit Visa. Nothing is working 

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@RedDotBaddie 

Try doing your activation on another device like a computer or laptop instead of your mobile phone.

It makes a difference sometimes.

Try again on other device.

HI @RedDotBaddie   and you are activating new account on PM , right? you are not trying to replace a new sim card on an existing PM account?

HI @RedDotBaddie   you might need to try a different card.

may i know which is the issuer of the card?  and it is Visa or MC?

RedDotBaddie

They are CDN cards. I haven't been charged. I have used both incognito and regular browsers. Nothing has worked so far to activate 😞

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@RedDotBaddie   sorry, PM is all self managed  😞

So, is the credit card a Canadian or US one?  you cannot use overseas credit card on PM 

also, before you try again, confirm PM didn't charge your card yet

When you are ready to try again, I suggest you to try  using a different browser or even use Private/Incognito mode.  This could solve your problem.

and make sure you put in the correct postal code and name used on the credit card

Need Help? Let's chat.