cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Stuck in a subscription loop

kathy-terry
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to add a second phone to my current account and somehow the public website let me get through to the "activate you phone" step, but now I know I need a new account.

How do I abort the additional subscription?

The portal keeps taking me to the 'Continue your activation' screen with no other options.  No account management tabs, nothing.

7 REPLIES 7

kathy-terry

Thanks!  I got a ticket opened.  We are working on it now.

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@kathy-terry you can open a ticket through the Chatbot: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
(and then type: Customer Support Agent)

Or, if you are having trouble with the Chatbot try sending a private message to: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
(note: you will need to be logged into your Community account for this link to work)

kathy-terry

Thanks All!

I am not going to be able to fix my account myself.  I tried the ticket system.  It failed to create a ticket (no reason).  I'll try again later.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@kathy-terry , you should contact support to ensure that you don't mess up the first account by reusing the email address.  Use the chat symbol on the lower right corner of the web page to initiate a support ticket.  

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@kathy-terry, To add to what has been shared already, since Public Mobile does not support shared accounts, each customer needs to have their own account with it's own email address

@kathy-terry wrote:

I tried to add a second phone to my current account and somehow the public website let me get through to the "activate you phone" step, but now I know I need a new account.

How do I abort the additional subscription?

The portal keeps taking me to the 'Continue your activation' screen with no other options.  No account management tabs, nothing.

Each Public Mobile account can only contain one phone number.  There's no option to add a second phone number to an account.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@kathy-terry  you would need to download the public mobile app, create a new account with email to create a new subscription.  All accounts are separate. 

If you are choosing esim, make sure the phone is compatible first. Esim has to download to the phone in question. 

Need Help? Let's chat.