cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Please

toothless
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I broke my phone and purchased a second-hand iPhone 5s. The person I bought it from has provided an email that has garenteed that apple has unlocked the phone and has the IMEI # included but not the previous carrier or acct #

I put in my SIM card from public and it is telling me that it is not supported- I desperately need a functioning phone 

thanks

17 REPLIES 17

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@toothless wrote:

sorry  it is to the previous owner from the previous carrier

@toothless that error message definitely means it's locked.  You need to get the seller to contact the provider it's locked to to get it properly unlocked.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@toothless wrote:

dont  i have ordered another one but it will take a few days to get here

@toothless 

you ordered another SIM card? Is this what you mean?

I was hoping you could get your friend's working SIM card from any carrier, to pop into your phone, because if that iPhone truly was unlocked, then your friend's SIM would work..

toothless

This makes me very sad

the email she sent said it is unlocked and has instructions for resetting it

I am going to reset it and if it doenst work take it to the guy here-

Thanks everyone

toothless

sorry  it is to the previous owner from the previous carrier

@toothless wrote:

"the sim card that you have currently have installed in this iphone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by this activation server. this is not a hard ware issue with the iphone. please insert another sim card from a supported carrier or request this iphone be unlocked by your carrier. please contact apple for more information"

You need to unlock your phone...

@toothless wrote:

"the sim card that you have currently have installed in this iphone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by this activation server. this is not a hard ware issue with the iphone. please insert another sim card from a supported carrier or request this iphone be unlocked by your carrier. please contact apple for more information"

You might want to try a network reset but I think your phone is locked. 

toothless

...yes

toothless

dont  i have ordered another one but it will take a few days to get here

@toothless Have you check to see if the phone has been blacklisted? https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

toothless

@toothless wrote:

have the email from Apple stating it is unlocked

I never heard about an email which says an unlocked phone..????

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@toothless 

do you have another working SIM card as a test, that you could insert into that iPhone?

@toothless wrote:

What is the exact error you are getting?

toothless

toothless

Hey there-

I did those things and the phone is compatible and not stolen and still not working...

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@toothless wrote:

I broke my phone and purchased a second-hand iPhone 5s. The person I bought it from has provided an email that has garenteed that apple has unlocked the phone and has the IMEI # included but not the previous carrier or acct #

I put in my SIM card from public and it is telling me that it is not supported- I desperately need a functioning phone 

thanks

What is the exact error message? From the sounds of it that phone is locked to the previous provider and will need to be unlocked before you can use it with Public Mobile.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@toothless Check the exact model on https://willmyphonework.net/ to see if it's compatible, and check your IMEI number https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/ to make sure the phone isn't blacklisted.
Need Help? Let's chat.