cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Opt out of new points program!

mobilehero
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Dear all,

I have just accidentally opted into the new points program. It says it will need 4 days to implement the change. How can I contact someone in Public Mobile to cancel that please?

I chatted with the bot and it directed me to a page to submit a ticket. It asked me to login into my community account (this account that I am using to make this post), but for some reason it always says error logging in. How can I escalate this to an actual agent of Public Mobile?

Thank you.

20 REPLIES 20

Bart104
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I already admitted it was a mistake!!! Duh!!!

Point is, the unwillingness to reverse my mistake.

This is my last response on this, so I'll let you have the last word.

Shame on you, PM.

@Bart104- I agree that it would be technically simple for them to retract back to rewards. They just choose not to as a greedy corporation.

It's not about blame. It's that you could have chosen not to log in to the rewards system to look at your rewards and the points info all over it, not clicked on join, not clicked on another join, not clicked on the confirm button, ignored all the red warnings, ignored all the threads here telling everybody that asks not to switch.

I don't see it as a mistake. Sorry.

Bart104

No matter what we both use as excuses !!!!!! This is a poor way to punish people for a mistake they made.

End of the topic for me.

Great forum here. Poor PM customer service, no matter who is to blame!!

@Bart104- You had ample opportunity to read and be aware of switching to points. A big red box. You had to click the join button. Then confirm. Reading all the don't switch threads here.

Yes, the initial messaging was deceiving. Then they've been sending out emails informing you of your balance. Gee, it's 0. Why are you telling me this. Does that tempt me or lure me to click through the buttons to join. Heck no.

Bart104

Most things can easily be reversed in our "computer world".

Question is.....does PM want to do this??

Answer is......NO.

Shame on PM.

Bart104

They did the same to me. In my opinion there is no reason not to accept people back to the old reward system.

I can understand that, say after a month or so, PM won't let you change the program. But I realized I clicked on the wrong buttons too many times and found myself in the "Points" program.

Right away I contacted PM and requested to switch back, but was told it is not possible. What a bs, crock, scam!

I've been a PM member for some time now, and this really lowers my opinion for PM.

Bottom line here is. It even has a link to "opt out" for Points. It just doesn't mention that it only works for those who haven't even joined!!!

What a way to "lure" people into a different program!

Shame on PM.

Thanks

@brettster99- I don't remember the last time I logged in to it. The payments screen is fine for me to see the rewards I might get. But yes to all...just say no.

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I am not going to even login into the rewards section because of this new rewards system. And 1 extra GB is not going to change my mind @dust2dust 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@Chrissyrioux12, @Rairajbir17 - This is one of the few places in this service that is a one chance only. You had to get into the rewards page, click on opt in, click the checkbox to agree, click on ok. Hoops. Irreversible. Why did you tempt it? For other readers, don't go there. Too late for those that went through the hoops.

@Rairajbir17 

honestly, it's not worth it for you to change providers right away. you will be getting a point for each month you've been with PM. 4 years = 48 points. you guys also have the ability to use some of those points for draws. I think it only costs 1 point to enter. 

I don't know why it's in the rewards help section, however one can click this link to view current and past contests draws

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles?category=rewards

Rairajbir17

Same happened with me. Lost my all rewards. I am thinking to switch to other provider after being with public mobile for more than 4 years. Old public rewards were good. New portal doesn't make sense to me. 

@mobilehero  (and @Yummy )

Once you have agree to migrate to Public Points, even it said it might take 4 days to complete the migration, there is NO WAY to opt out and go back to the old rewards system.  Basically the old reward systems is "locked" and they cannot put people back in

Yes, of course you can open a ticket with PM support, but it is a false hope

@mobilehero  think positive, with new Reward points, you will be getting an extra 1GB data which those on the old rewards won't be getting

Chrissyrioux12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

They told me they could not reverse it the system doesn’t allow them to 

Chrissyrioux12

I was unsuccessful thy tell you thy cannot reverses if for you and when I commented further they said oh read the agreement 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@mobilehero wrote:

Dear all,

I have just accidentally opted into the new points program. It says it will need 4 days to implement the change. How can I contact someone in Public Mobile to cancel that please?

I chatted with the bot and it directed me to a page to submit a ticket. It asked me to login into my community account (this account that I am using to make this post), but for some reason it always says error logging in. How can I escalate this to an actual agent of Public Mobile?

Thank you.

@mobilehero , ohh no! I’m sorry for your loss! I switched after being with the old rewards for 3 years & I didn't want switched to the public points due to I was saving a fair amount off my plan so I begged a few different CS_Agents to switch me back but I was told by all of them that they cant do that due to I agreed to switch over! Even after me saying without the old rewards PM no longer is a benefit to me! I ended up moving to Koodo! I hope you have better luck than I did at getting the old rewards back. My situation was different, I didn’t switch over by mistake I was being nosy but I didn’t want to switch… this is what I did below so it was my own fault!

Joining Public Points 

If you are an existing customer that is currently receiving old Public Rewards (you became a Public Mobile customer before January 25, 2022), you can still join Public Points. Here’s how:

• Sign into My Rewards
  • Choose “Join Public Points” from the side navigation; here you’ll find a summary of what you’ll gain by joining Public Points
  • Click “Join now” and accept the terms and conditions

Chrissyrioux12

They will be if no help to you they will tell you that I ce you hit agree it means you read the agreement and they presume you read it 

mobilehero
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you all, I've contacted the agent. I hope for the best.

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I do not think you can. But go to the envelope button top right and click on the note of button and type @CS_Agent into the to field. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You can ask agent to put you back to Points. Be polite, admit your mistake and you might be lucky to get back.

To Contact CSA-agent; there are 2 methods:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

If ticketing does not work very first time, contact agent directly.

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking (Ctrl+)Here

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@mobilehero hi sorry but there is no going back,a lot of people wish they could sorry 

Need Help? Let's chat.