cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help I can't phone out.

karenlmark
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have topped up 4 days ago on the $15 prepay plan but I can't use the phone. When I try a voice tells me that my plan does not have this service I will have to buy an add-on for long distance. The plan says I have 100 anytime minutes Canada wide. I thought topping up would solve the problem. But it has not. I can still use texting though.

10 REPLIES 10

@karenlmark 

How many days did you have left until your next renewal? The moderator should have informed you of your options if you explained your issue correctly. If it was only a couple of days then no biggie. If it was a week or more then they should credit your account the difference or give you the $5/500 min add on. The moderators should be giving you your options....this isn't an out of data situation.

karenlmark

Hi, it turns out I just needed to buy more talk time with an add- on instead of topping up. The moderator reset my account. The next time I will buy extra time with an add-on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@karenlmark wrote:

No that wasn't the problem. My time had run out for calling and I just needed to buy an add-on instead of topping up. I just didn't realize that that is how the plan worked.

Well...you needed to top up for something. Either to renew early or to buy an add-on.

Funny how no one wondered if you were simply out of minutes.

I guess gpixel4 came the closest at hinting to just get the $5 add-on.

karenlmark

No that wasn't the problem. My time had run out for calling and I just needed to buy an add-on instead of topping up. I just didn't realize that that is how the plan worked.

karenlmark

Hi,  This was not the problem but thank you for your idea.

karenlmark

Thank you, this was helpful information. The moderators reset my account this time. But next time I will just buy an add-on. Thanks again.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@karenlmark Could you get someone to call your phone and see if it goes through?

What are first 6 digits you are you calling?

And what are first 6 digits of your phone number?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@karenlmark hi topping up your account does not renew your plan. you would have to ask moderators to do that for you. but since your on the $15 plan just purchase the $5/500 min Canada wide add-on

normally to purchase an add-on is a two step process, but since you already have $15 (available funds) in your account. goto your self serve and click on the "plans and add-ons" tab and choose the $5/500. 

hopefully this helps 😊

@karenlmark wrote:

I have topped up 4 days ago on the $15 prepay plan but I can't use the phone. When I try a voice tells me that my plan does not have this service I will have to buy an add-on for long distance. The plan says I have 100 anytime minutes Canada wide. I thought topping up would solve the problem. But it has not. I can still use texting though.

By any chance are you trying to call a phone number with one of the newer area codes, or is it all outgoing phone calls that aren't working?

Need Help? Let's chat.