cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have an unlimited international texting plan - texts are not sending or receiving

Trundler
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I have a Public Mobile SIM I use on my OnePlus 3 which I recently switched over to an unlimited international texting plan. I am trying to send and receive texts - but nothing is working.

1) My plan is topped up.

2) I do not see any warnings/issues with my account in the account panel.

3) I have my APN settings correctly set.

4) I have tried other unlocked phones to no avail.

After these 4 things I've come to realize it is likely that there is an issue with my account that is just not in my control. I've messaged the mod team, but no reply yet - I am hoping someone here will be able to help me as I am trying to get a recovery code for an online account and nothing is working.

Thanks so much,

Trundler

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Trundler are you using the OnePlus stock Messaging app?  If so, maybe try switching up to another to try.  Google Messages is great and totally free.  I like Textra SMS, which is free to try and then either ad-supported or you can pay a small one-time fee to keep it indefinitely without adds.  There are many other options on the Play Store--Chomp SMS is another that comes to mind and is very popular..  As odd as it sounds, sometimes just swtiching apps on an Android device helps. 

If that doesn't resolve it (try it, is free and easy to try), then reach out the moderator team for support.  If you need to do that, here are the directions: You will need to click here to send a private message to the @moderator_team for assistance. They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue.

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number
  • 4 digit PIN (if you don't remember this then they will need at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)
    • account number
    • date of birth
    • complete address listed on account with postal code
    • email address on account
    • most commonly called numbers
    • alternate number listed on the account
    • last payment date and amount
    • last 4 digits of the credit card
  • Detailed explanation

Note: Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [All times in Toronto/Montreal time zone]. You can message them at any time, and they will respond as soon as possible within those working hours. More information about the community moderators.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Trundler

Yes, there is a $20 unlimited international texting charge in "My Plan" under Pick & Pay.

Trundler

Yes, I have tried rebooting my phone multiple times. Thanks anyway.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Trundler, in your self serve can you see texting listed in your plan?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Did you try rebooting your phone?  Sometimes that will help to solve the problem.  Though if you tried to use your SIM card in other phones and they didn't work either, that's probably not the issue.

The Moderator team should get back to you soon to let you know if there are any issues with your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.