cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have a 4G Plan for Several Years, Service Recently Switched (Without Notice) to 3G

bobdylan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got one of Public's initial plans that was supposed to include 4gb of 4G/LTE data a month. 

For the past 6 months or so I've noticed 3G when making calls or using data. I've reviewed my contract and nowhere does it specify anything about 3G data. 

Any ideas of what I can do to fix this?

Many thanks

5 REPLIES 5

@bobdylan 

because public mobile doesn't have volte(voice over LTE). PM uses older technology for their voice network and it requires 3g. the advertisement text you received is telling you that there are better plans available then your inferior 90 day plan

bobdylan

Thanks a ton for the info!
Couple things are odd though:

- I got a text message from Public today saying "Did you know our new 4G speed plans are up to 30x faster than your current plan?"
- Why would the voice services component of my plan be on 3G network? I know about the switching and settings and have multiple tests investigations and all should be pushing the phone to select 4G. Again, why would 3G be the only option for voice? 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bobdylan 

Your voice services with pm are on the 3G network. Whenever you make or recieve a call your phone will automatically switch to 3G. Otherwise it stays on 4G unless the signal is weak and a 3G network signal is much stronger and your phone will switch to the stronger network signal to offer a more reliable connection. This is normal....unless you have your phone set to 3G only in the settings>> connections>>network mode>> 4G LTE/3G/2G (autoconnect) should be the setting unless it was changed?

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@bobdylan   You'll probably have to contact a Customer Support Agent for help with that problem.

Use either the Chatbot Simon to get a ticket a service ticket or send a private message to CS_Agent

bobdylan

For what it's worth I've been a customer for several years and have not switched plans. 

Need Help? Let's chat.