Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy Canada Day!

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

I wanted to take this opportunity to wish you all a happy and safe Canada Day!

150 years Canada.jpg

28 REPLIES 28

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Wonder_why wrote:

@Vickel wrote:
Happy Canada day!

Still waiting for the Canada day promo

What holding you dude ? System Maintenance- 4th-5th-6th of July and you will not able to activated your Sim Card 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/System-Maintenance-4th-5th-6th-of-July-...

You have untilled July 3rd

@Wonder_why

While we encourage people not to wait 'til 23:45 on July 6 to activate their Freedom Mobile promo, your statement is just not true.

If you click on link in your own post this is what comes up (the only thing I did before screen shot was scrolling down a tad to have more of Shazia's post in the picture):

Screenshot-2017-07-02-09.56.jpg

It states that account activation is not availble for a clearly indicated, limited amount of time during the night / very early morning hours of the days indicated.

Technically there are still 16 hours and 59 minutes left for activation after the end of the last maintenance period (July 6, 07:00) until the end of the promotion (July 6, 23:59).

System Maintenance- 4th-5th-6th of July see post

Maintenance schedule:

4th of July: 12:00 am to 07:00 am ET

5th of July: 12:00 am to 07:00 am ET

5-6th July:  5th July 11:00 PM to 6th July 7:00 AM ET

This means that you won't be able to do the following:

• Access your Self-Serve account
  • Activate a new account

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/System-Maintenance-4th-5th-6th-of-July-...

@Wonder_why wrote:

@Vickel wrote:
Happy Canada day!

What holding you dude ? System Maintenance- 4th-5th-6th of July and you will not able to activated your Sim Card 

@Wonder_why

While we encourage people not to wait 'til 23:45 on July 6 to activate their Freedom Mobile promo, your statement is just not true.

If you click on link in your own post this is what comes up (the only thing I did before screen shot was scrolling down a tad to have more of Shazia's post in the picture):

Screenshot-2017-07-02-09.56.jpg

It states that account activation is not availble for a clearly indicated, limited amount of time during the night / very early morning hours of the days indicated.

Technically there are still 16 hours and 59 minutes left for activation after the end of the last maintenance period (July 6, 07:00) until the end of the promotion (July 6, 23:59).

@computergeek541

While it seems like you had fun in Toronto, it wasnt better in Ottawa either. Other then terrible annoying weather, the fireworks were actually decent. A good 20 min and 7 sec payed by (PC)  President Choice (not the city which explains why they were good this year), and kind of help forget the misery that happened during all day. People were staying in line to pass through security for 5 hours to access the Parliement Hill , to either abandon midway, pass out, or they noticed that the lane took them no-where.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/parliament-hill-security-line-2017-1.4187867 

canada-day-20170701

You get here after waiting for 3-4 HoursYou get here after waiting for 3-4 Hours

Other then the entertainement and the Prime Minister mentionning every province and territory except for Alberta, because why would he 😜 (We love you Alberta) 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/justin-trudeau-forgets-alberta-canada-day-1.4187656

Also We in small quiet Ottawa are so not used to our police walking around with C8 / AR15 so that made people freak out.

Thank you to every officer who are  protecting us from a lot of stuff.Thank you to every officer who are protecting us from a lot of stuff.

The point is it was a colossal mess, as big as the bugs in the PM registration page and the regex errors XD.

Wonder_why

@Vickel wrote:
Happy Canada day!

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Happy holiday!

Just out of curiosity, was anyone else severely disappointed by the City of Toronto fireworks?  I'm not sure but were those 10:55pm fireworks displays put on by the city or were they sponsered by local businesses?   I guess I should have known better than to expect a grand show with such a late start time (only 5 minutes before noise bylaws kick in).  At least for the fireworks that I saw (Humber Bay Park), the entire show was just two 30 second sets.  Before you've even settled in and you've taken a few pictuers, it was over!  I am suspecting that all the 10:55pm start time displays were all the same.

Don't get me wrong;  I fully undestand that each of these small display may have still costed hundreds of thousands of dollars, and I know that it's a sensitive issue when dealing with taxpayers' money (if this was paid for by the city).  The traffic was nightmare along the lake in Etobicoke.  Perhaps I just expected more for Canada's 150. I'm sure the musical performances were great, but I believe most people came out for the fireworks at the end of the night, and that part just seemed like a half effort by the organizers.

I suspect that the whole thing with the multiple short fireworks displays in the city were an attempt to spread trafffic flow around and to make things more local to each community.  But, I can't help think that there could have been 1 or 2 massive fireworks shows instead of multiple lackluster ones  - just my opinion. I'm probably spoiled growing up in the days of the impressive displays put on during the Benson and Hedges stuff of the past. 

I hope everyone had a great holiday.

Nsk143
Maybe bit late but happy Canada days to all pm members.

I hope everyone had a happy and SAFE Canada day.  Just got in my kids were burnt out being downtown for 8 hours walking around we decided to come home before the fireworks and the craziness of getting home.

Tomorrow head out camping for 3 days away from all electronics no cell reception where we are going.  SO have a good one!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

SaiX
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Happy Canada Day!

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Happy Canada day!

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541 wrote:

Did anyone get to try the poutine donut?   Tim Horton's is selling them but only at U.S. locations.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/tim-hortons-poutine-doughnut-canada-day-150-1.4182768

@computergeek541

Haha...that seems just like the sort of funky food combinations they imagine for the Canadian National Exhibition.  Smiley Tongue

@NDesai here is a cool shot of the Hill Camera that happened when it was pouring rain.

Not like fireworks but still good enough. 🙂

gwCHPYz

@computergeek541 wrote:

Did anyone get to try the poutine donut?   Tim Horton's is selling them but only at U.S. locations.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/tim-hortons-poutine-doughnut-canada-day-150-1.4182768

This is just disgusting, even for Canadians.

I am not sure how in the world they even came up with that idea.

X-Files

Happy Birthday to Canada!  

Enjoy your Canada's Day Everyone! Heart

For those who want to sneak a peek at Parliement Hill 😛
http://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/citeparlementaire-parliamentaryprecinct/camera-eng.html
😛

Nsk143

Happy-Canada-Day-Hd-Wishes-Picture-Idea.jpg

neatooo
Happy 150th Birthday to Canada and anyone else whose birthday it is today, and a Happy Canada day to all! Here's to living long enough to see the next big one (200th Birthday)

Happy Canada day everyone.
@will13am
Yes my brother in law celebrating birthday today as well.

All ops ,Oracle ,mod team and jeremy hapoy canada day and long weekend :):):):):):)
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Wonder_why

Happy 150th Birthday Canada and all Great White North folks, where is my beers ? Smiley Happy

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Happy 150th Birthday, Canada!  Smiley Happy

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle
Happy Canada to all. I look forward to some of your good pics of fireworks 🎆

smayhew

Image result for happy 150th birthday canada

Wishing Canadians a Happy 150th Birthday!

Enjoy your Canada's Day!

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

A very happy Canada day to all of you great people of the community and everyone making this forum work . 

Happy Canada Day Everyone!

crazycolby
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Happy birthday to Canada!!!

PriMo

Happy Canada day to your team and yourself also !!!! Smiley Happy

With major system updates coming our way & the 25$ plan expiring... can we speculate and say new plans will be launching soon  ? 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Happy birthday to Canada!  Is anyone else having a birthday today as well?

Need Help? Let's chat.