cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone issues

Makayla97
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

4th day and my texting calling and data is still not working ive emailed a few times and still have not gotten help....I ported my Chatr number over to Public Mobile and now I am a very unsatisfied customer and will definitly not recommend. 

34 REPLIES 34

Save-my-name

Thank you for correcting me. 😊

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Save-my-name wrote:

It happened to me before all you need is to email Team_Moderator and they will port your number as fast as they can! I hope it helps!😊

@Save-my-name you cannot email the moderator team.  Please be careful with this terminology--there is NO support via email.  The correct procedure is to send them a private message through the community, and you can include this link which has all the info on how to do so:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Save-my-name

It happened to me before all you need is to email Team_Moderator and they will port your number as fast as they can! I hope it helps!😊

Makayla97

Makayla97

Zz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

so true, and public mobile will give you a new number for free if you can handle all the contact changes and notifying them all.

@Makayla97 wrote:

My chatr plan ran out today. 😞 but i will phone chatr and get the acct number

Yes, you should get the account number, but now you won't be able to port your phone number over to Public Mobile until you first pay for another month of service at Chatr.  Phone numbers cannot be transfered unless they are active.

Zz

i see,. well ima dip out of here for a minute.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zz wrote:

not sure what your last message said Mikayla. It said nothing was written,

That struckout S symbol means she deleted whatever was there.

Or clicked Post before typing. 🙂

Zz

not sure what your last message said Mikayla. It said nothing was written,

Makayla97

Zz

thats unfortunate.

Makayla97

Uhh already spent almost $100 just for my plan sim card and the taxes

Makayla97

Yes ive been trying to get even a different number and walmart will not help me with anything where i set it up

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Makayla97 wrote:

Whats the email u send to?

It's not *exactly * an email but send ONE (1) private message to them here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification delays.
Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
And of course your question/problem.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET). But it could be up to a couple days.
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Get back here and see a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right of your screen and click on it to see the message.

Makayla97

Whats the email u send to?

mimmo

@Makayla97 to port a number it needs to be active. So you will need to renew your chatr account.

I would ask the mods to credit you the cost of your chatr top up as well

Makayla97

Thank you 🙂

Zz

I didnt have to do that when i signed up and i guess thats because i just was given a public mobile phone number originally. have you considered doing that instead of porting and failing to port?

Makayla97

Also ported it 4 days ago

Makayla97

Have tried everything ported it over the site

Zz

It's a sad thing to have no phone service. Feel free to talk to me in the meantime if you want someone to listen to you.

Makayla97

Yes my phone is unlocked

Makayla97

My chatr plan ran out today. 😞 but i will phone chatr and get the acct number

Zz

You may be right but that's the first time I've heard of moderator_team. I messaged admins before but maybe I was just seeing things.

Makayla97

I never actually knew i could message another i only know of moderator_team

Zz

good to know

mimmo

@Zz all messages to mods even if going to a specific person all go to one general inbox. So there is no way to contact a diffent  moderator 

Zz

Makes sense. You've not had phone service for 4 days now. I see this being the main reason anyone wouldn't reccommend public mobile. Have you tried contacting another moderator? The reason I say this is because one may be offline due to medical issues or something and not have saw your message.

mimmo

@Makayla97  if it is an incomplete port your chatr account should still be active.  if so use that sim.  also i would contact chatr and get your account number if you dont already have it, and provide that to the mods.

Need Help? Let's chat.