cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO TROUBLESHOOT

Rustic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm new to Public Mobile and to Android. I've been running a company iPhone on Telus for some years but am leaving the government agency I'm with and so purchased a Moto G5 (not the plus) and registered with PM. I've inserted the SIM card which my account confirms is active then set up the phone in accordance with the online instructions such as seleldting the preferred network type (LTE) and set the APN to sp.mb.com.  When I navigate to network operators I get Public Mobile among the options available but when I select it to register I get the message that I can't connect to the network so try later. I'm not sure if it's a bad signal (I've no problem getting my iPhone to connect from here (North East Salt Spring Island) and understood the PM network used the same stations.

Iv'e checked online and can't see what I might have missed. Any help in directing me to where I can get best help troubleshooting would be appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3

Rustic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the fast responses and the links to fixes. Manual set up worked and I now have service. 🙂

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Firstly welcome to the community.

I would start off by trying your sim in a different phone.that isolates hardware vs account issues 

I would also try a network settings reset on the phone.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Rustic

Did you activate a new number, or port in another number from Telus?  When did you activate your account?  It might be an incomplete port.  The signal should be same as Telus versus PM.  

You may want to check your APN settings for your exact phone model using the following advice:

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visiting https://apn-canada.gishan.net/. Select the brand and model of your phone, scroll down the page and then select Public Mobile. After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

Re-starting your phone afterwards might be a good idea....

Need Help? Let's chat.