cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Growing Community

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Just noticed monthly Community Reward Badges have been added, and it made me realize how much the community has grown.  My first badge I received in December for November was a 0.5% and 5 people received it.  Since then it has been rewarded to following number per month 7, 5, 6, 7, 7, 7, 8, 9.  It is great to see more people getting rewards but it also shows how much this community has grown in the 9 months that I have been here.  Way to go PM.  Now lets find our niche in the market and continue to grow!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

24 REPLIES 24

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Thanks Jeremey,

I think platinum gold silver etc.. would be great descriptions.

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@mimmo wrote:

But I repeat again Jeremy explained it to me as simply being 5% of 100 = 5, not that 5% is simply a level.

@mimmo, my bad for the confusion. I will take away the idea of levels in comparison to % as it makes things more clearer and less confusing for everyone.

Cheers,

Jeremy 

mimmo
So if you say for example I need 10 Bravo's, 5 solutions 2 hours browsing community and 30 posts to reach level x. And 1/2 of that to reach level y.

Then if it is as you suggest, I could do that every month and get the same reward level. But that is not the case as it is relative to others.

From the link you provided "The contribution level is determined on a calendar month basis from your relative support to other Community members. Relative support may vary from month to month, even if a customer contributes at a consistent level."

Unless you are also suggesting that the formula to reach level x also changes. So last month you need 10 Bravo's and this month you need 30 etc...

if someone says 50% even if it is a "contribution level " it means 50%.

Call it a colour and then there is no questioning the various numbers.

But I repeat again Jeremy explained it to me as simply being 5% of 100 = 5, not that 5% is simply a level.

It's a system nobody knows exactly how it's done, and no one will tell us.  There is no simple answer, and as such, I choose to ignore the whole formula thing.

if I get mentioned, great so be it.  I participate because I like to help when I can.

The last notification, my name wasn't mentioned at all, however I did get a few rewards tossed my way.  Did I get a badge, I don't know, I truly don't care about the badges, and the few bucks is simply a nice result.

mimmo
@Luddite, the topic of money was never brought up in the conversation. But rather how and the number of rewards given with respect to the reward level. Especially because the rewards reference a numerical percentage.

@Luddite, I totally agree it isn't much per hour LOL.  Just  think the Reward levels should have their names changed.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Forget about it. Robot LOL

Participate as much as you want, and never whenever you feel it's not fun; it's never going to be worth much per hour! 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo
So if you say for example I need 10 Bravo's, 5 solutions 2 hours browsing community and 30 posts to reach level x. And 1/2 of that to reach level y.

Then if it is as you suggest, I could do that every month and get the same reward level. But that is not the case as it is relative to others.

From the link you provided "The contribution level is determined on a calendar month basis from your relative support to other Community members. Relative support may vary from month to month, even if a customer contributes at a consistent level."

Unless you are also suggesting that the formula to reach level x also changes. So last month you need 10 Bravo's and this month you need 30 etc...

if someone says 50% even if it is a "contribution level " it means 50%.

Call it a colour and then there is no questioning the various numbers.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@NDesai wrote:
@mimmo @ShawnC13 That is not how I think. For the sample of 100. 5% doesn't mean 5 users. Let say that for top 5%, the formula requires 50 post and more than 25 Bravo's. And for top 25%, 25 posts and 15 bravos. There is a possibility that more users will meet 5% criteria instead of lower tier 25%. I Hope that makes sense.

With all due respect, I do not know where 5 people out of a hundred would not equal 5 percent?!?!?  If you have 13 people out of the hundred reach a required level for reward 13 out of a hundred is not 5% they may reach Silver level community reward but they would not be in the top 5%

Once again, top 5% is not referred as 5% of people out of the sample. Its the % of contribution level according to the formula. If all 100 users out of the sample qualified for the top 5% contribution level, they would all be on top 5%. 

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Jeremy_M  and @NDesai, if they are using a number of posts/ bravos to reach a reward then it should not be stated as a percentage of the general population or active population.  If you need so many posts and so many bravos to reach a certain reward then this needs to be changed and not be reflected as the top 5% and 25% and so on.  It should be as @mimmo, mentioned maybe a Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze.  Numbers don't lie you can't have a larger portion in your top 5% of your active users then you do in the top 25%.

I am not disagreeing that you may have more people reaching a certain level then others just the way it is presented is wrong.

The percentages are referred as Top x% contribution level. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Community-Reward/m-p/415#M5

@NDesai wrote:
@mimmo @ShawnC13 That is not how I think. For the sample of 100. 5% doesn't mean 5 users. Let say that for top 5%, the formula requires 50 post and more than 25 Bravo's. And for top 25%, 25 posts and 15 bravos. There is a possibility that more users will meet 5% criteria instead of lower tier 25%. I Hope that makes sense.

With all due respect, I do not know where 5 people out of a hundred would not equal 5 percent?!?!?  If you have 13 people out of the hundred reach a required level for reward 13 out of a hundred is not 5% they may reach Silver level community reward but they would not be in the top 5%

@Jeremy_M  and @NDesai, if they are using a number of posts/ bravos to reach a reward then it should not be stated as a percentage of the general population or active population.  If you need so many posts and so many bravos to reach a certain reward then this needs to be changed and not be reflected as the top 5% and 25% and so on.  It should be as @mimmo, mentioned maybe a Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze.  Numbers don't lie you can't have a larger portion in your top 5% of your active users then you do in the top 25%.

I am not disagreeing that you may have more people reaching a certain level then others just the way it is presented is wrong.

mimmo
Here is my issue. When I asked you in private message your reply was a mathematical formula. And you used the 5% of 100 = 5.

But now you are saying something different.

A percentage is a specific number and can be calculated.

Use your secret formula to calculate /rank activity levels of all active monthly members. After ranking then you calculate the percentages. 5% less the ones above, 25% less the levels above as it is explained.

Just change your reward levels to colours gold silver etc and then you can do as you like in calculating the awards.

SD08

@mimmo wrote:

I'm all for a growing community.  even the top 5 % went up like crasy this month, but there is something wrong with the numbers...unless there are badges missing/wrong ones  posted,  there is no way these numbers make any mathamatical sense. The award rules are quite clear in how they are calculated.  

date awarded  0.01%0.05%5%25%50%
14-Aug                 5                9              82                 21                62

@mimmo

Agreed.  I don't see how the 5% can almost equal the 25% + 50% combined.

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@NDesai wrote:

SPOT ON! Robot wink

mimmo
@NDesai if you are using a mathematical formula to seperate I the active users then 5% must be less than 25%

This is how it was explained to me.

if we have 100 active users for the month of April and we run our reward formula on 100 active users the 5% mark would give us 5 users in the top 5% range

@NDesai, it has been stated that it vaires month to month based on the numbers active in the community.  I don't know how more people would in the top 5%  than in the top 25%.  I can't see so many more people tying with exact same metrics( whatever is used to figure out rewards) to create this situation.

@mimmo @ShawnC13 We don't know the formula. So it's hard to say but why can't there be more 5% than 25%? Possibility that using the formula more users stayed active and fell under 5% instead of 25%. I would say this varies from month to month.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I haven't even thought about those numbers. I looked at the number of 2nd Anniversary badges (20655). I keep trying to figure out the total number of customers but I don't think it is possible without some help from PM. 🙂

mimmo

@Jeremy_M  my question was not on the fluxuation from month to month but rather the numbers within a month, or comparisons  of similar numbers between various months as i showed you previously. 

If I take a sample of 100 active users excluding the .01% and the .05%

the number of badges should look like: 

0.01%0.05%5%25%50%
100  52025

if i take a sample of 1640 active users the badges should look like:

0.01%0.05% 5%          25%   50%          
 1640   82328 410

my question is mathamatically how can these numbers for this month  be true?

if 5%= 82 how can 25%= 21 or 50% = 62.  They cant unless some strange matahmatics is used or if the badges do not reflect the rewards given

14-Aug                 5                9              82                 21                62

It might be best to get rid of the percentages and simply rename the levels platnum, gold silver and bronze etc.  then there would be no issues confusion.

@Jeremy_M, I understand that but seeing what  @mimmo has posted it shows more 5% then 25% and that  shouldn't happen.

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@mimmo

Badges are awarded to those who we consider active in the Community (engaged), that is why the Community badges fluctuate from month to month. 

mimmo

I'm all for a growing community.  even the top 5 % went up like crasy this month, but there is something wrong with the numbers...unless there are badges missing/wrong ones  posted,  there is no way these numbers make any mathamatical sense. The award rules are quite clear in how they are calculated.  

Need Help? Let's chat.