cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group SMS

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi, 

Does anyone use group sms and if so what app do you use? I use and android phone and have trouble using group texts sometime. It's not that it doesn't work; it works perfectly however the conversations do not necessarily stick in a single thread. When someone responds that response becomes a single response not posted to the same group thread that I created. 

Please let me know if I am not explaining myself correctly. I know this is not a new problem, it has been discussed in lot of places (ex: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mobiledevices/forum/mdlumia-mdtips/why-dont-group-text-responses...). So I just want to get your ideas on how to do it or if there's an efficient way. 

Thank you 🙂 

2 REPLIES 2

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Thank you. I think this should fix it. I'm gonna wait until several people message me to test this out; but I think this is the issue I am having. 🙂

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Check your text message app settings, you probably have group chat disabled or set to receive individual replies. I have used group chat on Google Messages app and it works perfectly fine. 

Need Help? Let's chat.