cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great job Public Mobile!

BlueStar88
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just switched away from Fido, with their insanely crappy self service website. After about a year of pain, relief kicks in, finally.

Unfortunately my BMO Debit MasterCard failed.

Then the German Visa credit card failed.

Then the German MasterCard credit card failed.

Creating a voucher at the Esso gas station failed, because the planned phone number was not usable yet (chicken or the egg dilemma when a number port is planned, but not yet done).

Well, I had to use a primitive Visa Vanilla Gift Card, to make this work.

Foreigners (I'm from Germany) still have hard times getting things going, electronic-payment-wise.

Anyways, the Public Mobile website, the plans flexibility and pricing, awesome!

Gonna love the time with it!

\o/

Thank you very much! ❤️

BlueStar88

13 REPLIES 13

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@Billy9689, Hi there! Thanks a lot for your interest in Public Mobile. We understand that you would like to know if we take foreign credit cards. Sorry about the inconvenience this might cause but we do not accept foreign credit cards. However, you may pay with vouchers. They are sold at Walmart and WOW Mobile; you may check out those near you. Hopefully this helps and answers your concerns. Thank you! 

Billy9689
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Same thing with my case. I went to all major service provider but I can't get a sim card because I do not have a Canadian credit card. So I wonder will Public Mobile accpet payment using foreign credit card? I want to confirm this before I get a sim card. Don't want to waste the $ 10 and found out I can't use it. Any idea?

Azimuth
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How strange

I travel with my job and this is the biggest issue I have - I need a local card for data useage primarily (as roaming data is still prohibitive) and I can get a sim but can't pay for it as I do not have a local credit card - even though I can use my credit card for hotels, cars meals etc etc 

Any ideas where I can get a card as I will be onver and back to Canada a lot over the comign 2-3 months.

dohadotahmed
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Thanks @Mary_M for taking care of this.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Azimuth,

Just to clarify, we can enable autopay if the CC is already registered. For security purposes, we do not ask for any credit card information therefor we are unable to manually register it on your account.

If you try your BMO Mastercard, make sure to remove any apartment/condo/suite # and any commas, periods, hyphens, etc. You can also visit our website to find a location that sells vouchers - I suggest calling to make sure they have some in stock 🙂  Here is the link: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/how-to-pay

I hope that our suggestions help 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

dohadotahmed
Sorry to hear all the troubles you got for using the foreign credit cards. But your bmo MasterCard could work. You can send a pm @Mary_M and hope she can put your bmo debit MasterCard for auto pay to get the auto pay reward.

jpar

It seems all Telus brands reject international credit cards - I've read of people having trouble using their American Express cards (issued in Canada but by AMEX Bank) on Telus before having a rep "add" the card manually to the account or something. I wonder if this is possible on Public Mobile in extaordinary circumstances? Maybe a mod could advise.

You must use a Canadian credit card, or use top up vouchers to pay for your service.  Unfortunately, the international credit cards are not accepted.

Azimuth
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Any ideas

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @BlueStar88

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are very glad to have you on board.

You'll find our community extremely helpful and the members are all awesome !

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Glad to hear. 

Thank you for your positive feedback.

Pier
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @BlueStar88,

Welcome to the PM family and enjoy your service. 

Yours,

nishufan

Welcome to PMSmiley Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.