cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grandfathered plan need texts meesages add on.

Pier
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hello!

Just would like to get a clear idea about something. Is it possible to add text messages  on to a grandfathered plan? 

15 REPLIES 15

@kav2001c Yes i am already aware of that Smiley Wink

@dhanadhan wrote:

What are you trying to achieve by making bunch of thread? 

You already made one and making another won't make any difference. 

@NDesai it actually is pretty obvious what his point has been (unfortunate as well, this is the first obvious case of abuse I have seen on the forums)

*hint you can click on the Bravo link to see which users are giving bravos to each post; only a mod can prove since we can't see each users IP address but it is very suspicious to say the least

JaK

@Pier@makkahn28;

While it would be nice if PM would do this, we all need to remember that PM is a business, and as such it is in their best interest to have people move off they legacy plans. While they have been very good about grandfathering plans and not aggressively pushing users to new plans, the chances of them doing something that helps users stay on a legacy plan are pretty much nil. My opinion only, but I wouldn't expect it as it's just not good business. 

@NDesai Merged with previous thread.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Now now @NDesai, perhaps @Pier is excited about the way PM works, and how positive feedback could lead to positive response and action

What are you trying to achieve by making bunch of thread? 

You already made one and making another won't make any difference. 

Pier

Allo PM! Do you hear us

My sister who converted to an iPhone 3 years ago had never used text and now uses it more than calling. If your grandmother is willing to forego receiving picture messages you could consider my replacement for the 90 day $90 plan: Replace $90 plan. This is my sister's system now and she likes it.

Otherwise, I am afraid you will be doing some research for her. If she were to convert primarily to text, you could give Koodo a whirl as they have a calling add-on. Tough to find unlimited calling with bit of texting.

If anything occurs to me overnight I'll post on the morrow.

Good luck hunting.

I have posted this in PM Lab

Pier

She needs texts when she's outdoor, as well when she's indoor. I don't really know how many she may use monthly, but not much.

Pier

I would like to see that. I hope PM will take that into consideration. Do you hear us PM

I will admit, it's these that I wished PM had Add-On Txts for those in circumstances like this, to be fair

@Pier So, couple of questions to halp narrow things down:

a) is she planning to get/have a smartphone or make do with a flip phone?

b) is she willing to text only from home (so over wifi) or want it on the road as well?

c) how many minutes of calling does she do every month? 

Pier

Yes, that is. My grand'ma needs texts messages now.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

NO. If your grandfathered plan is currently only calling, you must change to one of the new plans to get texting. I believe there was only one grandfathered plan without text - the $19 provincial calling plan,

Need Help? Let's chat.