cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got the promotional data 350 GB - Old plan rewards to new plan rewards

Pachu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received 350 GB of promotional data as part of my old plan. After a month, I changed my plan, and the promotional data was removed. This feels like a rip-off.

My new plan, which costs $19, has now exhausted its data, and Public Mobile is asking me to purchase more data. This is also unfair.

Due to my urgent need for data, I had to switch to a $34 plan to get more data. This is yet another rip-off.

I ended up paying $34 plus tax to get the data I needed. If my promotional data had been retained, I wouldn't have had to switch to the $34 plan since Public Mobile lacks adequate customer service.

Public Mobile needs to refund me $34 plus tax and restore the promotional data that was taken away from me.

3 REPLIES 3

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

They text message may not have, but the FAQ always stated that you'd forfeight the data bonus if you downgraded your plan.

@Pachu wrote:

I received 350 GB of promotional data as part of my old plan. After a month, I changed my plan, and the promotional data was removed. This feels like a rip-off.

My new plan, which costs $19, has now exhausted its data, and Public Mobile is asking me to purchase more data. This is also unfair.

Due to my urgent need for data, I had to switch to a $34 plan to get more data. This is yet another rip-off.

I ended up paying $34 plus tax to get the data I needed. If my promotional data had been retained, I wouldn't have had to switch to the $34 plan since Public Mobile lacks adequate customer service.

Public Mobile needs to refund me $34 plus tax and restore the promotional data that was taken away from me.

There was no 350GB of promotional data with 150 day expiry. The highest amount given out was 240GB.  As for the bonus data being taken away, Public Mobile actually forgot to tell many customers about that condition.  While some receive e-mail messages or text messages advising of this condition about the add-on being taken away if the plan got downgraded, some customers only got a single text message saying that a free data amount that expires in 150 days was added to the account as a thank you for the customer's loyalty.  That text message said nothing about not being able to downgrade the plan without losing the data add-on.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Pachu  The 250GB data was "compensation" for the switch from $ rewards to the points system.  In the terms it stated that if you change to a lower value plan you forfeit the data.  If you want to  make a case with Public Mobile submit a ticket at the chat icon bottom right of this page. 

Need Help? Let's chat.