cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going to Mexico for 6 months / what's my best solution?

mpp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I will be leaving for Mexico at the end of this month and will be staying there for the next six months, and maybe a bit longer.

I tried to find an add-on for basic international calling, but didn't find anything. Does PM offer international calling?

If I cannot use my PM SIM card/number during my stay, is there a way that I can put my service on hold for that time, so I can keep my number without continuing to pay for my current plan? Even if there's a minimum fee, I wouldn't mind. 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Just remember to renew the plan within 90 days.

1  Ie remove autopay 

2 let  plan expire

3) add funds and renew plan between day 85 and 88. Just incase there are some issues in reactivating

4 enjoy the tacos because every day is Taco Tuesday 🙂

mpp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for your help!

I have, for $43/month:

• 6GB Data
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text

I really like this price and wouldn't want to lose it. I think I'm just going to keep my current plan as you suggest.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Best option is to get a local sim. Moviestar was the cheapest if I remember.

There is no holds. You can let your plan expire but you need to renew it within 90 days else your account and number get deleted.

What plan do you have?

You can future date a text only 30 day plan, but you will lose your current plan.  So depending on your current plan and your needs it might be worth renewing your current plan vs switching to a current in market plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.