cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting password reset notifications

Charlie5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I've been getting emails saying my password has been reset today. I haven't had an account with Public in months, so there shouldn't be anything to reset. I admit in my panic I thought this was happening with my current provider and changed my password on mobile, but when I went to my PC to check that everything was fine, I found that clicking on the 'My Account' button doesn't actually lead me anywhere. I don't even get the opportunity to try to log in unless it's through an email.

Can anyone at Public tell me what's going on? I really don't want to be getting scammed, but I also don't want the company to be keeping my account open and then changing up the password on me.

4 REPLIES 4

Charlie5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Talking to customer service, and digging into the email code, it looks like it was a legitimate email sent in error. CS have put in a request with the technical team to make certain but I won't find out for a few days. Thanks to all for the replies, especially since I couldn't access customer service in the first place when I first wrote this!

@Charlie5 , that is a phishing email.  If you were to try and do a login, it would be safer to go the web and find the account login link than to use the email.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Charlie5 

don't click on the link, could be a spam.  But it could be also something randomly put in the email and put it wrong

if you are worry, at least login My Account and make sure you can login

or if you want, you can also change login password yourself after you are in My Account

Meow
Mayor / Maire

It could be spam.
If your password is working you could change it (just in case) but if it is I receiving such email I would not bother.
Having very strong password is almost impossible to brake so just keep is strong.

PM will NOT change password on your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.